Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 803 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Walter125

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Photo rendering too dark.

Hi,

I'm trying to render photos. I have placed light panels just in front of the windows, very close to the window, in order to simulate natural light.

I found the link to download the light panels in this post: link

But the photos are too dark. And if I increase the intensity of light panels over 30%, then it is better in the room, but it is too much illuminated near the panels.

So I wonder if there is a way to control the light attenuation or "fall off" ? Maybe with a parameter of the renderers sunflow or YafaRay ? Maybe in the light source definition: the .mtl file ?

Or maybe another way to have a less dark rendering ?
[Sep 12, 2023, 12:59:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy
Re: Photo rendering too dark.

Light intensity is proportional to the inverse of squared distance, so you could enlarge the panel and move them far from windows.
[Sep 12, 2023, 4:30:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Walter125

Re: Photo rendering too dark.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try.

The light panels I downloaded wasn't working correctly with SweetHome3D 7.1.

A working version is available in this thread: link
[Sep 13, 2023, 1:48:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved