Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 25
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4085 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Redesign overall this forum interface and "functionality"

I won't elaborate because I don't want to give more hints to spammers about the protections I use in this forum.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 9, 2023, 8:42:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

Well, I can still edit after your post. And the Delete button still shows too.

OK, I saw you may be Connected when I'm always Disconnected. I mean I post and I look at my message "being Disconnected".
[Sep 10, 2023, 5:15:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SweetHomeBuilder

Danmark

I think the solution, to the problem of having an old and stale version of a forum, is to grab the bull by its horn and use one of two options:

1. try to migrate the old forum to a new one using a service like https://gconverters.com/forum-to-forum-migration/

2. make the current forum a legacy one and close it for further posting but open for searching and then start over with a new one.
[Sep 12, 2023, 3:34:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

"If it ain't broken, don't fix it."
1. try to migrate the old forum to a new one using a service like https://gconverters.com/forum-to-forum-migration/
2. make the current forum a legacy one and close it for further posting but open for searching and then start over with a new one.
There's a few problems with these: Do you have any idea what a conversion through gconverters will cost? Not changing costs nothing.
Keeping an old forum next to a new one is about the worst solution there is. Do you have any idea how large the knowledge base is in this forum? Do you always want to search through TWO forums?

IF and WHEN Emmanuel starts looking into new forum software he can contact me for conversion. It's my business and professional specialty. And free is a lot cheaper than gconverters.
[Sep 12, 2023, 5:02:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SweetHomeBuilder

Danmark

IF and WHEN Emmanuel starts looking into new forum software he can contact me for conversion. It's my business and professional specialty. And free is a lot cheaper than gconverters.

I don't have any knowledge pricewise of what the company would charge for a migration, however, if you want to do it for free then I think Emmanuel should take your generous offer today ! (I certainly would)
[Sep 12, 2023, 7:14:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved