Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 37
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3169 times and has 36 replies Next Thread
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Categories

What if you put the file somewhere to be downloaded and we will try to see what happen on our side?
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Sep 8, 2023, 6:19:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

Yes that's easy enough.
https://workupload.com/file/sGqyFvBhJ33
[Sep 8, 2023, 6:38:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

You get the archive manager because a .sh3f file is a zip file and your file manager recognizes it as such and thus opens it as normal zip archive... with an archive application.

So you have to link the .sh3f extension to the script file for the Library Furniture Editor. I don't know what distribution/desktop you use but with the Caja filemanager of my Mate desktop on Debian I right click a .sh3f file and choose "Open with other application". In the dialog I get I can choose "Other application" with a button to browse to the script file and select that. I check the checkbox "Remember ..." and done. From that point on if I double-click a .sh3f file it runs the script with the .sh3f file as the $1 parameter in the script file. The result is that it starts the editor with the selected library file.
On your systen the proces to link and extension might be different so you will have too look that up.

A word of warning: depending on your system re-linking to the script might cause ALL zip files to be rerouted to the script if you choose to set the link permanently. Usually you can right click on any file to choose "Open with". Once you have used the script once as an alternative by browsing to it, it should be one of the alternatives presented on a right click on the file.
On my system I have the .sh3d extension linked to the Sweet Home 3D 7.1 version script and I use the right-click nethod for libraries. Thus I can still open the libraries as a normal zip with the double click (which until the new beta was often needed to edit the properties file in the .sh3f) AND with the right click I can select between multiple scripts for different versions of the Library Editor.

So you can start by testing this way:
Right click the .sh3f file and choose "Open with"
Browse to the script file and select that file.

This should open the editor with the selected file (if you didn't remove the open "$1" string)
[Sep 8, 2023, 6:44:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Try to run the editor with the Java option which forces using the Java 3D older version 1.5.2:
/path/to/Java8/bin/java -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.version=1.5.2 -jar /path/to/FurnitureLibraryEditor/FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.31.jar

and while you're at it, increase the max memory used by the editor in case your SH3F file are large:
/path/to/Java8/bin/java -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.version=1.5.2 -Xmx2g -jar /path/to/FurnitureLibraryEditor/FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.31.jar

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 8, 2023, 6:52:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Aha, I learned something new. So you can run the library editor with a different j3d version like Sweet Home 3D. I should have known of course.

So that raises the question: why do I have to use the 1_5_2 script for Sweet Home 3D but I can run the library editor perfectly well without the same version redirection?
[Sep 8, 2023, 7:04:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

Yes that made it. I'm finally able to edit the file. I set 4Gb because I have 32 Gb of Ram on my PC. Now I still need to test rendering of these furnitures because a lot gave me artefacts but at least these are saveable. Thanks everyone.
[Sep 8, 2023, 7:28:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

Now I'm sure to run the official version I'm amazed about difference of look and feel between the flatpack and self installed. Really better so.
[Sep 10, 2023, 5:19:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved