Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 37
Posts: 37   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3169 times and has 36 replies Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Categories

How do you export a "custom category called Tools"? As far as I know you can't export a category. From Sweet Home 3D you can export ALL (a somewhat useless function) and from the Library Editor you can 'Save As' but not a selected category.
[Sep 7, 2023, 5:59:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

You're right, i export everything that came from outside a library. I hadn't time to see it.
I just tested again : when I right click on a line to choose "Modify" it crashes immediately.
[Sep 7, 2023, 6:21:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Sorry to interrupt your conversation but:
I don't use betas, final versions should simply work.
OK, I agree
I don't want to interfere in this but I'm a linux user too and, like Keet said:
I like the editors as separate tools.
and
I never had any problems with any version of the Library Editor.
Now the principal question:
which version of SH3D & FLE you use?
installed or from repository???
If is installed I (we) can help you otherwise don't expect too much from my side.
The repository versions are not in the responsibility of developer of this programs.
Until ten years ago I've have a lot of problems with the repository versions and I've never use it again.
About the categories subject I agree with you and personally I've modify it including the default library BUT again Keet has right:
you will have to do the work again after an update.
I've assumed this for my side.
Anyway it is not so often.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Sep 7, 2023, 6:32:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Generally the repository versions are old versions, often multiple versions behind the current. So basically useless if you want to use the added functionality in later versions.
It's very easy to install on Linux using the download .tgz file (either using the installer or just decompressing over a previous version).
[Sep 7, 2023, 6:48:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Generally the repository versions are old versions
Not the only reason.
Usually the linux distributions have their own politics regardless of java.
So, the repository versions use the modified provided distribution java by the linux system not the full one recommended and embedded in SH3D (in our case java 1.8).
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
[Sep 7, 2023, 7:23:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

[…]which version of SH3D & FLE you use?
installed or from repository???
If is installed I (we) can help you otherwise don't expect too much from my side.
[…]

Last official (non betas) versions : SH3D 7.1 64 bits and FLE 1.3.1 that opens with OpenJDK Java 11 Runtime. I don't used Repository.
[Sep 7, 2023, 8:34:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

I don't used Repository.
That's good.
FLE 1.3.1 that opens with OpenJDK Java 11 Runtime
That's not really good. I've also encountered some problems in the past with a similar configuration.
That mean the FLE run under the system provided java.
I've decide to use for all programs related with SH3D only jre8 and, in this way, I've forgot about troubles.
I've made this tutorial which need some updates but could be an inspiration.
My actually file look like this (with Keet contributions):
#!/bin/sh
# Retrieve Furniture Library Editor directory
PROGRAM=`readlink "$0"`
if [ "$PROGRAM" = "" ]; then
PROGRAM=$0
fi
PROGRAM_DIR=`dirname "$PROGRAM"`
# Run Furniture Library Editor
exec "$PROGRAM_DIR"/jre1.8.0_351/bin/java -jar "$PROGRAM_DIR"/editors/FurnitureLibraryEditor-2.0.beta7.jar -open "$1"

(non betas) versions 
No problem!
I have both with separate start files.
Every actually final versions was previously a beta.
This FLF beta have a lot of good improvements and we will have it in FLF-2.
[Sep 8, 2023, 7:12:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

I read about improvements from last (?) beta. That looks fine. But I saw new Library too and that's why I started this thread.

So, I should install openjdk-8-jre available into Synaptic ?
[Sep 8, 2023, 9:19:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

NO! You will continue to have problems.
Download mine from here .
Or
Copy the folder "runtime" from SweetHome3D-7.1 installation folder.
You could rename it as jre8 or modify accordingly the path in the script.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by dorin at Sep 8, 2023, 10:06:32 AM]
[Sep 8, 2023, 9:55:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

You already have the correct java runtime because it's supplied with Sweet Home 3D. If you look at the script that dorin displayed the first part is retrieving the current directory so it has a path to that java version.
If you follow dorin's tutorial you are using that java version.
[Sep 8, 2023, 9:55:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 37   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved