Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 91
Posts: 91   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 31078 times and has 90 replies Next Thread
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 7.2

Also I'm not using the Java Web Start version.
----------------------------------------
Steve N Mavronis - Retired PC Tech
[Feb 21, 2024, 2:12:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

It could be a special 3D model you imported, maybe a large one but not necessarily the largest one.
Display the Model size column, sort the furniture list on this criterion and hide the largest ones until your 3D view runs normally, then make them visible one by one and check which one slows down the 3D view.
But it could be also the number of objects in your project.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 21, 2024, 5:32:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

Okay I'll try hiding the largest models and test for that. I could see if it slowed down the 3D view but mine runs pretty fast. But not sure how that would make the save-as option not work. I can do a regular save and save compressed. I'll let you know when I get a chance to do some testing as you suggest. Thanks.
[Feb 21, 2024, 7:26:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If it’s just an issue with Save as menu item, it’s certainly another issue, maybe a permission issue in Windows. If you can still save with Save menu item, I would simply rename the file in Windows Explorer before saving the project. This will have the same effect as Save as menu item.
[Feb 21, 2024, 8:34:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

That's what I've been doing. It's just a major annoyance. Also the furniture import doesn't work either and when I do a 3D render I can't save the image. I have to make a screenshot of the preview window resized instead which probably isn't the better quality image. No other app on my Windows 11 Pro computer has such issues. This didn't happen on my Windows 10 computer from a year ago but I no longer have that system. Could be any of the Windows Updates during the year too. I used the regular Windows installer for SH3D and don't have Java installed. When I tried to reinstall before with the Java Web Start version SH3D keep trying to launching incorrectly in a web browser, I think. I have to go back and review my old forum posts when I complained about my issue before for the exact symptoms. Not sure what can be done on my end. I love this program and would hate to resort to learning a different app instead. I'd probably give it up and build cardboard models instead LOL.
[Feb 21, 2024, 9:25:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

Another thing is I have tons of dimensions in my floor plans. Is that a bad thing?
[Feb 21, 2024, 10:25:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Did you try the suggestions in the FAQ Sweet Home 3D refuses to save a file I created. How can I fix this issue?
By the way, can’t you import a 3D model by dragging its file from Windows explorer onto the plan in Sweet Home 3D window?
[Feb 21, 2024, 11:27:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

Yes I tried that with various memory settings, no effect on my issue. I tried it with and without the latest Java installed. Like I said I'm not running the Java Web Start version so don't know if that is required to use the .ini file. The drag and drop method works for the import stuff. Just makes it awkward and counter-intuitive.
[Feb 22, 2024, 3:28:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

Also Controlled Folder Access is set to OFF.
[Feb 22, 2024, 3:32:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Are you able to save a new home?
[Feb 22, 2024, 7:47:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 91   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved