Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 91
Posts: 91   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 31088 times and has 90 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 7.2

Probably 2 or 3 days
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 23, 2023, 10:26:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JonnyD

Can’t wait! I just posted a good review because I was fed up with some of those I’d read, where people just haven’t bothered to learn how to use SH3D
[Sep 23, 2023, 12:29:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

For anyone who is not whatching the dedicated thread, I inform you that I've just released the version 4.0 of Pan 3D View plugin which is compatible with SweetHome3D 7.2.
If you use Wirings and/or 3D dimension lines plugins, please update these too to the latest release available.

A note about 3D dimension lines: since SH3D now supports vertical dimension lines, the plugin is no longer required for most cases, however it is still useful to draw dimension lines with generic orientation in space.
[Sep 23, 2023, 12:51:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

The final version of Sweet Home 3D 7.2 is out with a few more corrections in 3D handling.

Thanks to all for your feedback and your tests smile

As Keet noted here, I was able to add a new property to my library lights to replace the use of the Description property which can be changed by the user.

By using the system property com.eteks.sweethome3d.additionalFurnitureProperties in a configuration file for the installer or as a JAR executable parameter, it is possible to display the new property column without it being editable because in this case the Other properties button does not appear.

As for the management of this new property by the rendering plug-in, simply retrieve the object property from its name and test the values.
EnkoNyito
[Sep 26, 2023, 4:35:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Great, I was already using the Description field to show the originating library (in bold) in the catalog tooltip. Without your change that would have interfered if I did that with your library.
[Sep 26, 2023, 8:39:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Keet

The Description field is accessible and editable for users since SH3D-7.1.

For variable lights (automatic or daylight), there was a risk of interfering with the management of the rendering plug-in.
Even if I had no feedback in this direction, I preferred to "secure" this management by updating the library with the new option proposed by SH3D-7.2.

According to my tests, several additional properties can have the same name because their identifier is different when they are created.
EnkoNyito
[Sep 27, 2023, 8:41:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Yes, the Description field was already available in 7.1., I've been using it since it first became available through the Furniture Library Editor. Until the new features in 7.2. you had no other choice than to use some field to store the data for you lights. Although it worked it was a solution out of necessity, one I as a developer try to avoid whenever possible. You seem to be of the same opinion since you made the effort to make it right.

Most users will not realize how powerful this new addition to Sweet Home 3D is since it will mostly be used by plug-in developers. They now have to tools to add custom properties with a meaningful name and have control over them within their plug-ins. It gave you the option to create lights with custom properties not available in Sweet Home 3D.

Great work and excellent use of the new custom properties! As far as I know you are the first one to use these custom properties in furniture available for Sweet Home 3D.
[Sep 28, 2023, 7:52:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
INABCinema

US

Thank you so much for the 3D viewable measurements! This is something I have wished for years.

I do have one additional wish, can the measurements have an end point elevation so we can do sloped (angled) measurements?

Once again, thank you so much for this great feature.
[Oct 17, 2023, 4:16:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

@INABCinema
You can do it using the 3D dimension lines plugin:
https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,11543#53739
[Oct 18, 2023, 6:17:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
vl4d

I have found minor problem
In the furniture list order by level does not actually work

(yes, i'm not using sweet home 3d for completely different use then it is meant to be used, but I kinda at least know how to use this sw)
[Oct 29, 2023, 6:26:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 91   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved