Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1343 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Create a room between rooms

If the roads and their lines is the problem you have to investigate more how to exploit Customization for the forensic police roads.
It has also a lot of specific libraries.
The samples and tutorial (french) looks like what you need.
While is good for police could be good for you also.
If this not completely satisfy you than you have to write your own plugin based on this one.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by dorin at Aug 10, 2023, 8:07:03 PM]
[Aug 10, 2023, 8:03:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Create a room between rooms

I checked that out before. The road lines are customized polylines which means they can't be sculpted like a room with the Terrain Generator, so unfortunately not a solution.

The best way remains a room for roads, rivers, borders, etc. And if the road line must be a dotted/broken line my line objects will have to do. So far I needed that only in one place and that project is no longer in use.

Most roads I now use have borders but no center line and are separated by a wider piece of ground, mainly to avoid the line problem. My wish for rooms-between-rooms is mostly for rivers, borders, and walking paths. Also to construct parts of the terrain itself to fill in between created rooms.
[Aug 10, 2023, 8:36:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved