Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 581 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
JonnyD

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Integrated Furniture Editor

I know I’ve suggested this before, but it would be so amazing if you could right-click a furniture item in the main SH3D list and edit/delete it. I find it difficult to use the furniture library editor as the icons are very small and it doesn’t always work well.

😁
[Aug 3, 2023, 6:12:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Integrated Furniture Editor

I use the Furniture Library Editor for dozens of custom models I have created, divided in multiple libraries, and I have never had any problems with it. Sure, I have some wishes to make it even better like selecting models and move them to a new or other library but I wouldn't want to edit the library in Sweet Home 3D itself. You have to understand that if you update a library it replaces everything so any edits done in Sweet Home 3D would be lost. It's better to keep the Library Editor as a separate tool.
[Aug 3, 2023, 6:38:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vinci68

France

Hello Keet,
As a furniture library editor, there was also the excellent Windows application developed by Dadv called SH LineTracer, whose interface can be seen in this thread: http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/view...C8BBABA2E240E669F3EB29C1D
Unfortunately, it seems that the application itself is no longer available for download (to be confirmed!).
[Aug 4, 2023, 10:08:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

It would be useless for me, everything I have is Linux, even my phone (Librem 5). XP was the last Windows I used and never looked back.
The Furniture Editor Emmanuel provided is fine although I would like it to include ALL options for furniture that we now have to edit manually in the library properties file (sash, wall thickness, wall distance, etc). Those really should be added to make the editor complete. The recently added description is perfect and a point I could scratch off my wishlist. Especially because it displays in the hover tooltip. I currently use it to display the library name because that's missing in the tooltip information.
[Aug 4, 2023, 10:29:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved