Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 569 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
marek.j.bednarczyk@gmail.com

Poland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Model icons in Furniture Library Editor are black squares

Hello,

I am trying to create a furniture library with Furniture Library Editor.

The problem I have is that after importing a model to a library (downloaded for example from this page https://sweethome3d.com/freeModels.jsp), it does not have an icon. Instead a black square is shown.

After saving the library to a sh3f file and then extracting it, the png file which I suppose should be an icon is a black square. If I add say 50 models to the library, save it and then extract, I will have 50 identical png files with exact same content (black square), and the only difference will be the name reflecting the name of the model.

I am new to this great application so I do not know if I should provide the icon for the model, or it should be auto generated by the Editor.

Marek
[Jul 13, 2023, 8:08:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Model icons in Furniture Library Editor are black squares

I have (had) a similar problem, where the image of imported models in the furniture catalogue was a black square or a black inverted L.

The solution for me is to select the model in the catalogue list, sselect Modify Furniture and then slightly rotate the preview image. I then click through the rest of the dialogue (Continue and Finish) and there appears a new preview image without the black square.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Jul 14, 2023, 7:27:19 AM]
[Jul 14, 2023, 7:25:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
marek.j.bednarczyk@gmail.com

Poland

Is the process you described for Sweet Home 3d main app or Furniture Library Editor?

Marek
[Jul 15, 2023, 7:19:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I've had the same problem and just moving the image a little works in both the furniture library editor as well as in Sweethome3D when importing/changing an object.
[Jul 15, 2023, 7:38:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved