Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 444 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
lemaj77

Cameroun
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
light beam effect

Hello Emmanuel, thank you first of all for this SH3D software, I bend over backwards to give my best regards.
I would like to know how from the light source I can have a light beam effect like in a nightclub?

[Jul 9, 2023, 11:12:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: light beam effect

See this thread.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 10, 2023, 12:11:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Unfortunately links to images and sh3d files are all dead...\

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 10, 2023, 2:23:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

The links are correct, but for security reasons you can't open them because this forum is in HTTPS and the target site is in HTTP.
You may either move to the insecure version of that thread by deleting the S from the URL, or right click the target link/image, select "copy link/image address" and paste it in the address bar.

I have downloaded the file and I've found the trick, it uses a fake half-transparent beam to partially catch the light and reflect it toward the camera. In other words it simulates the presence of mid-air dust or fog. Very ingenious!

The limit is, since the beam is flat, it must face the camera to be seen correctly. An improvement could be to create a dust volume by placing small triangles randomly within the light beam, but it would require a lot of work if done manually. Maybe a script could generate the particles more efficiently.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Daniels118 at Jul 11, 2023, 5:42:49 PM]
[Jul 11, 2023, 5:41:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

The limit is, since the beam is flat, it must face the camera to be seen correctly. An improvement could be to create a dust volume by placing small triangles randomly within the light beam, but it would require a lot of work if done manually. Maybe a script could generate the particles more efficiently.
A script is possible but I'm afraid the resulting object will be huge. Huge as in that it will make rendering take a very, very long time because of the many reflections.
Maybe a semi transparent long stretched cone, textured with the fog. Or two or more cone-in-cones where the outer cone is more transparent than the inner cone to give a disperging effect.
[Jul 11, 2023, 6:07:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

I'm not sure the cone would give the desired effect, but it may worth a try. Another option is to have the fake beam as a distinct furniture so that you can manually align it to the camera.
[Jul 11, 2023, 6:57:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved