Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 645 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
nxwyxrk

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Objects not coloring correctly in render

Hello All!

This is my first post here. I've been using Sweethome for a while for work and I keep running into this issue and wondered what could possibly be the problem. Long story short, whenever I try to render a basketball court or any "big" 3d object I'm left with a discolored mess as shown below. Is this a 3d object problem, a sweethome problem or a computer hardware problem?

I'm running Windows 10
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11850H @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
32.0 Gb of RAM
NVIDIA T1200 Laptop GPU.

Any help would be appreciated.

[Jul 7, 2023, 5:06:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Objects not coloring correctly in render

This question has been asked before many times.

If you have a room with 4 white walls, probably none of these walls will appear perfectly white in your high quality renders. This has to do with the way light disperses, forms shadows, etc. Our eyes register white, but a computer shows shades a gray and/or bluish gray. Example, corners of a room will always appear darker, the wall next to the windows will appear darker than the wall opposite the windows.

Colours other than white may also show up in a way you don't like. Instead of using a "colour" you can use a texture of the desired colour. This generally gives a better result. Just search for a plain texture using the desired hex code.

Always use quality setting 3 or 4 if you want a (more or less) realistic render.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 9, 2023, 8:11:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy
Re: Objects not coloring correctly in render

I think he is talking about the wrong triangles shown on the ground, this is the fixed link to the image:

This may have different causes, all belonging to the model:
- z-fighting between close poligons;
- wrong faces orientation and backface culling turned on;
- wrong vertex normals.

I think you are using a furniture to represent the ground. Try instead to use a room, apply the texture and scale it to match the room size.
If you want to use a furniture, try with a standard cube, scale it properly and apply the texture on the upper face.
[Jul 9, 2023, 10:29:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved