Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 18
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1678 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
shyne

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Roof with dormers and many corners and pitches // Dach mit Gauben und vielen Ecken und Neigungen

@Hansmex - I tried but I think I was really in geometry in school :D I get messed up in the 3D world. Anyway, I haven't taken time to test all those new possibilities. I think, I will get a good result.

@Keet As understood, there is no way in SH3D to make a whole into an object. I have to do this in another program

What you explained, will be a great help in some situations. But this time I meant, how can I find objects, which were made invisible. But now I am thinking, they still must be in the list in the bottom left corner. (and indeed they are)

So thank you for the great support.
[Jul 1, 2023, 7:58:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Roof with dormers and many corners and pitches // Dach mit Gauben und vielen Ecken und Neigungen

Check the Furniture List in the bottom left window. There are check marks on the last column...
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 1, 2023, 8:11:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shyne

Hi Hans,

I found them, thank you :)

https://workupload.com/file/ELhVMSQbv38

Now I have experimented with the roof parts. It looks quite good. The angle in the "ridge" is now wrong because I inserted the dormers at the ends. But that would be OK. However, I can only change the size if I keep the proportions and then it doesn't fit on my surface anymore. Ideas?

Ideally, the ridge would also be pointed, but I would have the dormers at the ends...
[Jul 1, 2023, 9:19:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shyne

https://workupload.com/file/duGWm2HAgxb

I did the following, resize the rood without the middle part (doesn't bother about proportions)... then add the middle part. I had to manipulate the height and so on and I am not sure, wether this is the best method, but hey, it 's a little bit more similar to what I needed...
[Jul 1, 2023, 9:40:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Looks like a nice roof.
I hope my tips were useful?
If you need more help, just ask.
And share the design file....😃

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 1, 2023, 10:19:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shyne

Yes, you were great help! Absolutely! Here is the roof: https://workupload.com/file/DgM5yagGStX The parts don`t fir perfectly but for me it works :)
[Jul 4, 2023, 5:28:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shyne

(This website won't keep the files for very long)
[Jul 4, 2023, 5:28:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

This is what I've done in few hours. Of course it is more to work.

And HERE is the file (my vision)
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jul 5, 2023, 12:56:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved