Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 18
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1676 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
shyne

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
applause Roof with dormers and many corners and pitches // Dach mit Gauben und vielen Ecken und Neigungen

Photos: https://workupload.com/archive/R9HAZCkESK

The roof should look the same for now but more dormers should be added. There is only one dormer on the satellite photo.

I cannot construct the roof of the following house. I have seen many many forum posts and examples but I can't do it. Yesterday I thought I could do it with the triangle. But unfortunately that doesn't work either, because I can't tilt the triangle so that the wide end is on the ground and the tip points upwards. I would like the roof to be visible from the outside as well as from the inside.

-----
-----

Originalbeitrag auf Deutsch:

Das Dach soll erstmal genauso aussehen aber es sollen mehr Gauben hinzukommen. Auf dem Satellitenfoto ist nur eine Gaube zu sehen.

Ich kann das Dach des folgendes Hauses nicht konstruieren. Ich habe viele viele Forumbeiträge und Beispiele gesehen aber es gelingt mir nicht. Gestern dachte ich noch, ich könnte das mit dem Dreieck umsetzen. Aber das klappt leider auch nicht, weil ich das Dreieck nicht so kippen kann, dass das breite Ende auf dem Boden ist und die Spitze nach oben zeigt. Ich hätte gerne, dass man das Dach sowohl von außen als auch von Innen wahrnimmt.
[Jun 30, 2023, 9:17:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy
Re: Roof with dormers and many corners and pitches // Dach mit Gauben und vielen Ecken und Neigungen

Have you seen this thread?
[Jul 1, 2023, 6:36:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Roof with dormers and many corners and pitches // Dach mit Gauben und vielen Ecken und Neigungen

If you don't need absolute accuracy, this file may be of interest for you. It's a set of roof parts, including dormers, that allows you to create more or less every roof you need.
You need to download the SH3F file and import it.

Read the HELP on importing furniture libraries, if needed, although it's as easy as a double-click.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 1, 2023, 7:23:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shyne

THX!

The plugin is new for me.

The file, I had seen in a video or a post but wasn't available anymore. Will be a great help.

Meanwhile I created this horrible structure:
https://workupload.com/file/gJuuHv6gYr8.
From inside it illustrates what I need, from outside it is, what it is. I will try both new tipps.

Btw is it possible to create "wholes" into objects. Let's say, I find a fitting 3d rood in the 3dwarehouse but without the dormers and I have the dormers as a 3d object separately. Can I make recess into the 3d roof to put in the dormers / windows?
[Jul 1, 2023, 11:39:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If the gray structures on both sides of the dormers are walls, your design could be easily improved.
- split the walls in two, one side for each sloping side of the roof
- make the walls sloping (see HELP if necessary)
- adapt the size, position, elevation and rotation of the roof parts

If you share the SH3D file, I will have a look at it.

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Jul 1, 2023, 12:17:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shyne

Thank you for your help! I will try. And yes, those white walls are the dormers. Here is the file: https://workupload.com/file/qqNXbNZV3xY
[Jul 1, 2023, 12:33:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Follow the link to version IIIa of your roof.
Just an example of what you can do with the roof parts in the OKH library.

I made your roof invisible, but I adapted the triangles to the dimensions of the windows. If you make everything visible again, you can see what I have done.

Just 5 minutes work.

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Jul 1, 2023, 2:38:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shyne

Looks already great! Thank you so much.

The only thing missing in what you have already done is the the "ends" are also declined. As in here: https://workupload.com/file/MAnWLDy2q9C )only the main roof is important, as the left one will be flat)

I think, this is where is gets tricky and one has to use a pre modeled model right?

How/where do you find invisible objects?
[Jul 1, 2023, 4:01:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Mit das Plugin ShapeGenerator könntest du ziemlich einfach die schräge Endteile selber machen.

Siehe hier: http://www.sweethome3d.com/plugins/ShapeGenerator-1.2.sh3p

Oder du könntest ein Rechteck und ein Dreieck kombinieren...

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Jul 1, 2023, 4:11:52 PM]
[Jul 1, 2023, 4:08:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

How/where do you find invisible objects?
Invisibility is a result of the transparency property "d" in the mtl file. This is often used to create glass by adding a property line "d 0.4" to the material you want to make transparent.

There are two ways to make part of an object invisible:

-1-
In the Modify furniture dialog select the part you want to make invisible and check the invisible checkbox for that material. When you export the object the invisible part will be excluded so when you import the object again that part will be gone.
You like the handle on a specific door? Make everything invisible except the handle and export/import. Now you have only the handle which you can use for another door.

-2-
The second way is to edit the mtl file and add the d property if it's not already there. "d 1.0" is the default and means fully opaque, "d 0.0" is 100% transparent, i.e. invisible. The advantage of doing it this way is that the material remains available in the object definition where with export/import the invisible part is lost.

I use the second method to add invisible boxes to extend the bounding box of objects without the boxes showing. Very useful if you create multiple objects of different sizes that must be stacked. By using the invisible boxes each bounding box can be made the same and thus allows aligning stacked objects by their sides.

MTL for glass:
newmtl Glass
illum 1
Ka 1.0 1.0 1.0
Kd 1.0 1.0 1.0
Ks 0.0 0.0 0.0
Ns 1.0
Ni 1.45
d 0.4

MTL for an invisible box:
newmtl Invisible
illum 2
Ka 1.0 1.0 1.0
Kd 1.0 1.0 1.0
Ks 0.0 0.0 0.0
d 0
(In the obj file change every "usemtl ..." with "usemtl Invisible" to make that part invisible but still a part of the object)

You can download a ready made invisible box: https://www.sweethome3d.com/models/contributions/invisibleBox.zip .

Remark concerning the gap you want for your roof: Unless that specific part is a separate part of the roof, you will not be able to use one of these methods, simply because there's no part to make invisible. You can't do this in Sweethome3D but you can import and export obj files in Blender to create a hole.
[Jul 1, 2023, 4:49:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved