Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 374 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
selden

usa
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Is a model of furniture supposed to be loadable from a zip file?

Is a model of furniture supposed to be loadable from a zip file?
(I haven't found any documentation about it. Did I overlook it?)

When I load a furniture model by specifying its obj file, it loads as expected, including all of the colors and surface textures specified in its .mtl file.

When I put the same obj, mtl and jpg files into a zip file and specify that zip as the furniture to load, no error message is generated, but the loaded furniture is black-and-white. All colors and surface textures are lost.

being able to load a piece of furniture from a zip file which contains its obj, mtl and jpg files would help a lot with a project that I'm working on.

Is there a way to attach a zip or image to a post? I don't see one. :(
----------------------------------------
Selden
[Jun 29, 2023, 4:50:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Is a model of furniture supposed to be loadable from a zip file?

It should work if the zip contains one of the importable formats. So your obj/mtl should work from a zip. What is probably wrong is that the importer can't find the texture files because either the names are wrong in the mtl file or the path to the files is wrong.

The best way is to have NO path. Zip the obj and mtl files and the texture files from the same directory.
[Jun 29, 2023, 5:54:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
selden

usa
Re: Is a model of furniture supposed to be loadable from a zip file?

Thanks! It seems to be working now.

I just now recreated the Zip, in what I thought was the same way I'd done initially, which I thought was the same way as you've described, but now it works correctly. I'm not at all sure what I messed up the first time.
----------------------------------------
Selden
[Jun 29, 2023, 7:24:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved