Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 551 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
crackwood01

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Faces of the wall

Currently we only have left and right option with the walls.

one of the Results is we dont get to have baseboard at the ends.

could it be possible to be able to get the two other faces options.

[Jun 26, 2023, 2:40:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada
Re: Faces of the wall

edit: i know there is a lot of workarounds to get the missing baseboards .. but this is not a post titled: how can i get the baseboards.

thank you
[Jun 26, 2023, 2:42:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I'd like to extend on that feature wish, one I have on my very long list of wishes smile

When exporting a wall we get 6 faces in the export, Left start-side, left, left end-side and the same three for the right side. By editing the obj file you can get 6 different properties but it's no longer a wall when you import it. For a wall I'd like to see 8 properties similar to the properties of a box: leftstart, left, leftend, rightstart, right, rightend, top, bottom. That way we can texture each face while the object remains a wall. This will also solve the problem with the distorted textures on the wall ends. With a separate property you can adjust it for just the ends so it looks right. The separate top and bottom are especially usefull when you use a wall to create a part for custom furniture and it gives the possibility to make each face invisible.

Separating the properties might be necessary anyway if the wish from crackwood01 is implemented.
I never used baseboards but I would have expected the default behaviour with baseboards to include the sides.
[Jun 26, 2023, 4:04:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Good for you, Keet. In a different way, I asked this around ten years ago... Curious if it takes another tenπŸ˜„πŸ˜„
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jun 26, 2023, 6:23:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Well, it's one wish in a list of 70+ I have. I don't want to make Emmanuel cry by posting the complete list all at once laughing
[Jun 26, 2023, 8:43:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Indeed a workaround. You could try to use Moulding plugin .
I know it is old and needs to be improved. You (everyone, including me) are free to do it.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jul 2, 2023, 12:20:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Well, I probably can program every wish I have on my list but the thing is I don't want too, at least not all of them. I don't want to program things that require changing the original code since that will give problems with new releases. Plug-ins seems the correct way and don't give the same problem and could only require updating the plug-in itself. Where possible I will submit code to Emmanuel for review and integration so it will become part of the original code.
[Jul 2, 2023, 1:59:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved