Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2039 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
mm2001mm

Deutschland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused 3D pictures rendering problem

Hello together,

i think i need a bit assistants with my large project file.
Everytime when i try to render a picture in high quality its giving me a red cross. Picture with lower quality without "light" options are working fine.
I am trying to get like a Full HD picture in 16:9 with 1920x1080 pixels. Even 480p with second best quality is stopping in the middle of rendering. Renderer sunflow. With the light options i would later on get pictures light on and off for every room to integrate that in a smart home control panel.

I know I have many details inside the project...

Here is my file, happy if anybody could have a look.

appartment.sh3d

Would be nice to know if anybody can render something with my file or my hardware ist just too bad...

Thanks in advance!

best regards
Michael
[Jan 10, 2023, 8:09:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: 3D pictures rendering problem

Your model renders without problems on my PC.

Tips to render:
- in the Furniture List make visible the column Model Size.
- sort that column
- make the 6 largest models invisible - this reduces the file size with 140-150 MB

- read the FAQ where it says:
Under Windows, create a text file named SweetHome3D.l4j.ini in the same folder as SweetHome3D.exe, write the maximum memory Java option in that file, for example -Xmx700m for 700 MB, then relaunch Sweet Home 3D. For a value higher than 700 MB, tested as the highest value under which Sweet Home 3D can run safely on a 32-bit Windows computer with little RAM, you should use a computer running 64-bit Windows and install Sweet Home 3D 4.3 or higher.
- allow SH3D as much memory as possible

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 11, 2023, 6:28:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mm2001mm

Deutschland

Thank you. Then I guess my Laptop with integrated graphic card is the biggest problem. I tried that option giving more memory and also installed the advanced rendering plugin and got a success for second highest rendering option. But there are a few things which are not looking good for example curtains. I guess this is also more a hardware problem?

Rendering a fullhd picture was taking 24 min...

Best regards
Michael
[Jan 11, 2023, 9:07:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

No offense meant, but the super-large models you use don't make sense. You could easily reduce file size by 150mb or more without losing any important details. Just the decoration, like Poko and teddy bears, takes up an enormous amount of memory...

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Jan 11, 2023, 9:31:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mm2001mm

Deutschland

Hi,

I did as you told and removed nearly all big and not nessesary items.
Its going faster now with rendering but i still have items like shelfs which are always rendered a bit wrong and a bit differently.

A few pictures of the rendering examples I uploaded. I tried different renders and options, but nothing is helping. I also used my work notebook which has a bit more power.

Rendering Pictures

Maybe you can have a look at that and give me an advise ;)

Is it possible that you render my file one time for me and show me what is possible with a better hardware?

best regards
Michael
[Jan 11, 2023, 12:17:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Michael,

I had a look at your images.

The problem is that these models (probably) come from the Sketchup Warehouse. Some of these models cause problems for SH3D, when it cannot decide which side of a "face" (the triangles that build a model) it should show. Sometimes it shows the outside with texture, sometimes the inside without texture. That also explains why the result between two renders can be different.

The solution is to use Sketchup and give all faces of the model textures on the inside AND outside.

Or you could use another model, of course.

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Jan 11, 2023, 12:49:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You could also make invisible the materials of the inner faces of the furniture (must be the materials named "material").
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 11, 2023, 3:11:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mm2001mm

Deutschland

This was the easiest way and was solving my wrong rendered furniture. Thanks!
[Jan 11, 2023, 3:54:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved