Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7113 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
strainedmite

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
rose Designed with SH3D , Rendered in Blender

Good Day !
first I would like to thank all those who made SH3D free...

i would like to share with you a design that I have made with SH3D , then rendered in Blender.. .

[Mar 5, 2022, 10:35:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
strainedmite

Re: Designed with SH3D , Rendered in Blender

here is the link:

https://www.mediafire.com/view/lti0mw42hhcc7hy/WIDE_BEDROOM.png/file
[Mar 6, 2022, 1:56:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Please ignore if you are not interested in some friendly critiques. I'm not deliberately trying to hurt your feelings, but there are some problems here.

1. What's with the camera position? Tilted over and way too low. It makes it really hard to read the room.
2. I hope no one over the age of 25 ever visits, because those "sofas" are not at all practical as seating at that height. You're basically sitting on the floor. I'm also not sure why you need seating for 6 (or more) in a bedroom...
3. The sideboard to the left looks to tower over the sofas. Again, weird scaling/sofa height.
4. I have no idea what the plywood panel is in front of the sofas.
5. The lighting is confusing. It is difficult to figure out what the light source is, and how it is casting shadows. One sofa is in light, one is not. There are a couple of circular shadows that have no obvious source.
6. For a bonus, your bedside table geometry is intersecting with the bed geometry.

My best guess for the light is that there is no ceiling, you've used a basic directional sun lamp, the far sofa is in the shadow of the back wall, and the circular shadows are pendant lights hanging from a non existent ceiling, casting shadows on the floor.

Some advice (assumes you are using Cycles, not Eevee):

1. Add the ceiling in if you are trying to achieve a realistic look.
2. Use an HDRI or the Nishita Sky Texture to get more realistic external lighting, passing through the windows. Put portals (based on area lights) on your windows to focus the path tracer at these points to reduce noise. If the room is too dark, either increase exposure (use the Color Management section for this) to lighten everything, augment with additional interior lighting, or a combination of both.
3. (Ignore this bit if you are deliberately trying to get a strong perspective effect, but at least modify the camera position and rotation to make the room more readable.) Use a camera with the rotation X=90, Y=0, Z as needed. This makes vertical lines straight in your image. Then use the Location Z and the cameras Shift Y values to position the camera at a pleasing height. Personally, I'd want Location Z to be between 1m and 1.63m (roughly me eye height), and use Shift Y to ensure the image contains what I want if it is not already in the frame.
4. I can't tell for sure if you've used the denoiser or just set render samples to some insane value. Using external lighting to light a room will cause a very noisy image, so activate the denoiser if you haven't already.
5. Consider replacing SH3D furniture with better models (i.e. from BlenderKit plugin, or the myriad of online resources). The models in SH3D are basic geometry and textures. Better assets make a huge difference.

I hope you find this helpful. And to give you an idea... here's one of mine that follows all the above, only using the external Nishita sky texture for a high summer sunlit sky:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-MKPhsJOrvCN...1sHSTIw5/view?usp=sharing
[Mar 15, 2022, 8:10:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
strainedmite

I have really enjoyed reading your positive comments , many thanks,I will follow them.

Your sample is also amazing.
[Mar 28, 2022, 5:00:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Thanks for the compliment. I would judge my efforts at 3 or 4 out of 10 for what is possible with blender. My goal was to do a realistic lighting study for different times of the day and year, covering both sunny and cloudy conditions during the solstices and equinoxes. I was testing if the new room design (part architect, part me with SH3D) was getting enough light at the back of the room due to constraints imposed by the existing building. For my intentions this worked really well, but someone really skilled with blender could make much better renders than mine.

Keep at it with blender - it can do amazing things if you can afford the time to learn it. There are many tutorials on YouTube covering arch-vis rendering to help you along. Check out Blender Guru if you haven't already found him - his tutorials are excellent.
[Mar 29, 2022, 12:35:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
strainedmite

Thanks for the the update, actually Blender is a great tool, for me the image that you have uploaded earlier is a unique peice of work, I can see how precise and skilled you are.

I would add , that I have seen also the demonstarion of the cabablities of Unreal Engine 5 ,those were really breath taking.
then I came to know that rendering could produce real images!
[Mar 29, 2022, 5:03:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved