Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 260
Posts: 260   Pages: 26   [ Previous Page | 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 667156 times and has 259 replies Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Generate roof plugin

That looks very promising! This might turn out as not only a roof generator but a complete object drawing plugin like a advanced 'Generate 3D shape' tool.
I see this plugin being 'abused' for other purposes just like the terrain generator is 'abused' for things other than terrains. I used the terrain generator to create half of a pillow laughing
I'm looking forward to the next release.
[May 8, 2024, 9:28:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Icra

Probably you want something like this:

Unfortunately not now (not yet).
It's still a lot of work and I don't have much motivation.
If I'm still alive, probably next year.

Mulțumesc/Thanks.
Exactly what I'm looking for.
My workaround is to create 3 roofs (is section 3 triangles inside one big triangle, like bellow) with same angle and to hide what I don't need. It is ok but not perfect.
So there is no way to get V5.0 beta?
./\........../\
/\/\....../....\
Thank you.
[May 9, 2024, 7:00:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Recently we received a new donation. Many thanks to the donors!
GRT decided to reward these users with v.5.0.beta6. Their list is <here> .
Well, knowing how difficult it is to work with and how unstable it is, it will probably feel more like a punishment.
BTW We don't know yet if a final v.5.0 will ever be released.
At least we know for how many users we waste time.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jun 8, 2024, 7:22:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Some kind of a new version 4.6 .
News:
-simplified the UI and tried to make it look OK under macOS X
-add axis on 3D
-add pre-maded translation files for all languages available on SH3D
-reorganize the plugin internals according to my new rules.

Also on Source Forge .
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
[Jun 15, 2024, 2:06:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

@byDMA You've right about the huge edges list. I've fixed (I hope).
I've replaced the plugin so you and others will have to download it again.
[Jun 16, 2024, 10:47:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
byDMA

GERMANY | POLAND

Thank you Dorin! I know GridConstraints in Java are very tricky. It is much better, unfortunately still not correct (perfect). I show the screens in Flatlaf, but in Metal it's the same.

1. The window after maximizing comes back. Well done!
2. But both after maximizing and in the starting size, the splits are minimally too small. Edge List Frame shows the scrollbar at the bottom, so it's still a bit too narrow. It's ok with the slider, but there are languages where the words are very long, for example German ;-) That's why it could be slightly wider.

Couldn't the width be programmed relatively? 60% 3D View, 20% Edges, 20% Slider?
If this is not possible or is too expensive, then maybe enough rising the insets?

[Jun 16, 2024, 11:37:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
byDMA

GERMANY | POLAND

Sorry, another problem, I'm only seeing that now. The Axis XYZ disappear in full screen.
[Jun 16, 2024, 11:55:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

I show the screens in Flatlaf, but in Metal it's the same.
I know that. Only under nimbus and macOS (English) the texts looks better.
A possible solution could be to detect the LaF (like I detect the OS) and instruct the plugin what specific settings to use for the current LaF.(icons, text etc.)
The Axis XYZ disappear in full screen.
I know that also. I've used the default axis provided by SH3D ModelPreview. This wasn't programed for full screen.
A possible solution could be to make my own axis with labels. I will see.
Anyway I remain open to suggestions and pieces of code.
[Jun 16, 2024, 2:55:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
byDMA

GERMANY | POLAND

I have to study this part (but not today) (GenrateRoofPluginView.java)
The Insets must be set correct according to
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/awt/Insets.html
and
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/awt/GridBagConstraints.html

/**
* Layout user interface
* @author Daniels118
*/
protected JPanel createUI() {
JPanel roofPanel = SwingTools.createTitledPanel(null);
roofPanel.setBorder(null);
// Column 0~3 Row 0~9
roofPanel.add(roofPreview,
new GridBagConstraints(0, 0, 4, 9, 1, 1, GridBagConstraints.LINE_START, GridBagConstraints.BOTH, new Insets(0, 0, 0, 0), 0, 0));
// Column 4 Row 1
if (OperatingSystem.isMacOSX()) {
roofPanel.add(edgesLabel,
new GridBagConstraints(4, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, GridBagConstraints.LINE_START, GridBagConstraints.NONE, new Insets(0, 10, 0, 0), 0, 0));
}
// Column 4 Row 2~4
roofPanel.add(scrollEdgesPane,
new GridBagConstraints(4, 2, 1, 4, 0, 0, GridBagConstraints.NORTH, GridBagConstraints.BOTH, new Insets(0, 0, 0, 0), 0, 0));
// Column 5 Row 0
roofPanel.add(resetButton,
new GridBagConstraints(5, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, GridBagConstraints.EAST, GridBagConstraints.NONE, new Insets(0, 0, 0, 0), 0, 0));
if (OperatingSystem.isMacOSX()) {
roofPanel.add(invisibilityLabel,
new GridBagConstraints(5, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, GridBagConstraints.LINE_START, GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL, new Insets(0, 10, 0, 0), 0, 0));
}
// Column 5 Row 1
roofPanel.add(invisibilityPane,
new GridBagConstraints(5, 2, 1, 1, 0, 0, GridBagConstraints.LINE_START, GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL, new Insets(0, 0, 0, 0), 0, 0));
// Column 5 Row 3+4
roofPanel.add(faceAngleSlider,
new GridBagConstraints(5, 3, 1, 2, 0, 1, GridBagConstraints.LINE_START, GridBagConstraints.BOTH, new Insets(0, 0, 0, 0), 0, 0));
// Column 5 Row 5
roofPanel.add(finePane,
new GridBagConstraints(5, 5, 1, 1, 0, 0, GridBagConstraints.CENTER, GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL, new Insets(0, 0, 0, 0), 0, 0));
// Column 4 Row 6
roofPanel.add(thickPane,
new GridBagConstraints(4, 6, 1, 1, 0, 0, GridBagConstraints.CENTER, GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL, new Insets(0, 0, 0, 0), 0, 0));
// Column 5 Row 6
roofPanel.add(elevationPane,
new GridBagConstraints(5, 6, 1, 1, 0, 0, GridBagConstraints.CENTER, GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL, new Insets(0, 0, 0, 0), 0, 0));
// Column 4 Row 9
roofPanel.add(creatorPane,
new GridBagConstraints(4, 9, 1, 1, 0, 0, GridBagConstraints.CENTER, GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL, new Insets(0, 0, 0, 0), 0, 0));
// Column 0 Row 9
roofPanel.add(showHome,
new GridBagConstraints(0, 9, 1, 1, 1, 0, GridBagConstraints.LINE_START, GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL, new Insets(0, 0, 0, 0), 0, 0));

// Column 2 Row 9
roofPanel.add(showTexture,
new GridBagConstraints(2, 9, 1, 1, 0, 0, GridBagConstraints.LINE_END, GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL, new Insets(0, 0, 0, 0), 0, 0));
// Column 3 Row 9
roofPanel.add(reverseFaces,
new GridBagConstraints(3, 9, 1, 1, 0, 0, GridBagConstraints.LINE_END, GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL, new Insets(0, 0, 0, 0), 0, 0));
// Column 4 Row 8
roofPanel.add(bordersPane,
new GridBagConstraints(4, 8, 2, 1, 0, 0, GridBagConstraints.SOUTH, GridBagConstraints.HORIZONTAL, new Insets(0, 0, 0, 0), 0, 0));
// Column 5 Row 9
roofPanel.add(aboutButton,
new GridBagConstraints(5, 9, 1, 1, 0, 0, GridBagConstraints.EAST, GridBagConstraints.NONE, new Insets(0, 0, 0, 0), 0, 0));

// First refresh roof
edgesList.updateUI();
plugin.refreshRoof(plugin.homeView, plugin.resource);
return roofPanel;
}

or I ask someone in my company.
[Jun 16, 2024, 4:55:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Thanks for the availability to help.
Take care about the compatibility with other common users.
[Jun 16, 2024, 7:06:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 260   Pages: 26   [ Previous Page | 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved