Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 248
Posts: 248   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 636612 times and has 247 replies Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Generate roof plugin

I can't see it very well but it looks like this last image show the correct roof.

1. Considering your first request, the borders to fallow the sloping walls, I think was already solved.
I meant the inclinement of the border following the slope of a wall, not the texture alignment, that is indeed fixed, very nice!

2. In your specific construction it appear the faces 2,3,4 are part of the same plan. The faces 5,6,7 are also part of the same plan.
So, the program will treated as a single face.
That might appear so but they are not, at least not in the result that is wanted and as I created with shapes. Maybe 1 and 2 could be considered in the same plane since both have the horizontal border and are next to each other but there are definitely 7 separate segments. (They result in 8 faces if you include the vertical back but since it should be invisible I didn't bother creating an invisible shape for that laughing )

...don't invent faces where don't exist edges;...
Yep, that's the problem I mentioned. To generate the correct roof there are 4 extra faces needed but there are no edges on the room to create those. The 4 extra faces needed are the ones against the bottom edge of segments 3,4,5,6 that can be set to 90° and made invisible as shown in this image:

Maybe this view helps to determine how an edge or face could be added. Perhaps when a point is elevated automatically add a point at the original position thus creating a new face.

I try to modify/add/remove points (one at a time).
Unfortunately is not so simple as it looks.
I believe that is not easy!

Wasn't there an option for extending the roof outside the room?
It is still there and is extended to 179 degrees over the room edge.
Where? How? What I meant was enlarge the roof so the borders extend away from the wall creating a small overhang. (and have a third option besides vertical and orthogonal: only the bottom border orthogonal with the tops closed)
[Dec 22, 2023, 8:08:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Maybe I've don't understood correctly.
What I want to say is this:

The roof is outside the room (yelow).
Or maybe you refer to point 3.3 from the mini-tutorial where I've explained a possibly use of reverse faces.

For my curiosity: can you share the last roof object?
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Dec 22, 2023, 9:56:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

What I meant was setting an overhang distance for the roof so you don't have to draw a room outside the walls. You simply double-click a room on the wall outside perimeter. Setting an overhang extends the roof to the size of the yellow outline as in your image. It's much easier to change an overhang number and generate a new roof than having to redraw/extend the room itself until you get it right. I thought I saw that in one of the previous versions but I'm probably suffering from CRS again ;)

Here is the latest version of the roof: RoofChallenge.sh3d
[Dec 22, 2023, 10:34:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Probably I misunderstood again.
For this purpose I've made an option in AutoDimensioning plugin, roof projection.
To modify this in 3D not only in 2D I try to do in the future for this plugin.
In AutoDimensioning wasn't simple to identify the exterior walls and set the build area or roof projection.
More than a half of the code is dedicated to this features.
The GenerateRoof it is already huge and I don't think it is useful to make it heavier adding something which already exist and work.
My yellow room is generated in this way. Then you could make fine adjustments even to add/remove points where you need.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
[Dec 23, 2023, 7:14:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Ah, I'm not getting crazy after all. I knew I had seen it somewhere laughing
No problem, using the AutoDimensioning plugin is fine, I just just didn't think of doing it that way.
[Dec 23, 2023, 7:52:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stoverpd

FRANCE

Hello,
I discovered your plugin, and tried to use it.
I have a problem because in my home I've a roof with different levels.
So when I draw a piece around the walls, all the elevation sections of roof deck are the same.
How to use the plugin with different level, is it necessary to do many roof or it possible to have one roof with different levels?
Thank you for your return
[Jan 14, 2024, 4:49:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stoverpd

FRANCE

Link to open the home: https://servimg.artdomi.com/maison2023.sh3d
[Jan 14, 2024, 5:00:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

I like your project! Thanks you share it!
At this moment the plugin can't make roof with edges at different elevations.
I work on this but it's not so simple.
For a multiple levels roof you have to generate multiple roofs.
I've prepared a tutorial for such case because I've needed too.
Is not finished yet but could be used as principle.
Unfortunately is not exactly what you need.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/apcarz1vg63agt...plugin+tutorial3.pdf/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/mbuc6xlghxpc6cb/Two+levels+roof.sh3d/file
[Jan 14, 2024, 5:41:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
architectech

Sweden

Hi: Thanks for a fantastic job! I downloaded the entire post for study and use.
[Jan 15, 2024, 7:45:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

@stoverpd
Probably your house will look something like this.

Main roof in one piece and a separate roof on the side with swimming pool.
[Jan 16, 2024, 2:05:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 248   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved