Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 248
Posts: 248   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 636633 times and has 247 replies Next Thread
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Generate roof plugin

@Daniels118 You've right!
I've replaced with null and it works.
Will be available on next version.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Mar 12, 2023, 10:49:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

@Daniels118 You've right!
I've replaced with null and it works.
Will be available on next version.
You guys are great! Thank you for the fast response. I'm waiting for the next update!
I'll copy the solution to the Staircase generator thread where I raised the same problem.
[Mar 12, 2023, 11:21:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
socrate_54

France

Hello,

Thank you for your quick answer.
I'll try after some garden stuf to do in early spring.

stuf=(spread fertiliser)

Regards
[Mar 12, 2023, 12:53:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
socrate_54

France

Hello,

i surely miss something, The roof is well done and the hole for the window is at the right place but the window is still vertical.
So i need some help.

I often don't use forum, so i don't know how to put a picture on it.

Regards.
[Mar 13, 2023, 11:42:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

...but the window is still vertical...
Your window is probably still typed "Door or window" which means you can't tilt the window.

Set the depth of the window to the thickness of the roof you created. Export the window and re-import it but don't check the 'Door or Window' property. You now have your window back which you can tilt but it won't create a hole in a wall. No problem since you want to insert it into the roof, not a wall.

You will have to tilt the window to the same degree as you have the sloping of your roof part where the window is to be placed and you will have to set the position and elevation to fit it right into the hole in the roof.

If the window had options for deformation ('opening the window') this will be preserved and should still work, even when tilted.
[Mar 13, 2023, 1:56:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
socrate_54

France

Tank you vert much, that works
[Mar 13, 2023, 6:23:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mutajlako

Bulgaria

Hello, can someone help how to show Generate roof in Tools ? I download and install Generate roof 4 (see it in plugins) but in tools i only see Copy as new furniture ? :/
[Apr 8, 2023, 10:46:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Try with SH3D > 7.0 installer version.
Last is 7.1 from here .
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
[Apr 9, 2023, 9:43:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harryth

Germany

Hello Dorin,
first of all a big thank you for providing this plugin. It will save a lot of time compared to designing a roof with external tools and import it to SH3D.
I am struggling with creating a hole in a roof. You showed in this thread how it should work.
You gave a hint to have not a square hole but a 5 corner hole. If I do it like this, it works.
But if I want to have a square hole it looks like this

and if I try to make the side areas to 90° I get this:

Can you give me a hint what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards

Harald
[Apr 20, 2023, 4:18:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Hi Harald,
what I am doing wrong here?

Nothing wrong, just read my first signature.
The Weighted Straight Skeleton algorithm compute holes in the roof projection NOT in the roof face.
Accordingly to the hint, the difference for the extra point could be less than 1 cm which, in real world of the house constructors, it's not a big deal.

Probably you want something like this:

The plugin interface:

Probably you (and others users) have to wait.
If all roll normally this will be a gift for this Christmas.
It's a work in progress (a lot of work sad ) and noting push as (GRT) to be hurry!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by dorin at Apr 21, 2023, 8:19:44 AM]
[Apr 21, 2023, 8:18:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 248   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved