Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3738 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Split This Sofa & Loveseat Model

Can anyone with Sketchup split this sofa and loveseat combo model into 2 separate models for import into SH3D?

3D Warehouse model link: Sofa and Love, Clean Lines

These couches are based on the Collegedale sofas by England Furniture. We have them in our real living room that I'm refining next in my house model, so I'd really like to use them both.

I added a Sketchup import into Blender and was able to select one couch and export that to a DAE, but when imported into SH3D various faces are missing from the model. I don't know enough yet about Blender to dissect it. If I export the DAE model as OBJ in SH3D when I import into Blender I lose half the textures (blue slender triangles) even after doing external data/find missing files to bring in the texture files. OBJ export into SH3D brings in a pure white model with missing faces too. Thanks if you can help.
----------------------------------------
Steve N Mavronis - Retired PC Tech
[Jul 22, 2021, 2:33:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Split This Sofa & Loveseat Model

I think you are on the good path, you should just hide the materials starting by material and edge in the Material modification dialog box of the imported model, before exporting it to OBJ format. Materials named material... are probably used for inner faces which conflict with the outer faces. As these inner faces are not visible from outside, it's not a problem to remove them.
Finally, once you removed the parts you don't want in Blender, select the remaining faces and choose Mesh > Normals > Recalculate outside menu item, and export it to OBJ format.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 22, 2021, 9:47:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

Thanks I'll try that and see.
[Jul 22, 2021, 12:54:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

You're a genius! That worked. :)
[Jul 22, 2021, 1:26:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved