Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2353 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
marcin_ose

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Exporting a Design as Inidividual OBJ Files

Is there any way to export a SweetHome3D design as individual OBJ files? I'm trying to import into Blender while retaining individual parts, and Blender has the capacity to open up a batch of OBJ files at one time. This is an issue that arises from my need to scale SweetHome3D content 10x when importing to FreeCAD to retain the correct scale. It's a 10x factor.

Also - my suggestion is to fix the 10x scaling factor between SweetHome3D and FreeCAD export. That way objects from SweetHome can be used right in FreeCAD, and FreeCAD exports could be used directly in SweetHome. I just found that 3D Videos in SweetHome can be used to make excellent animations for exported FreeCAD content - the ability to make a ready walk-through animation out of FreeCAD work was the easiest walk-through animation workflow I've ever seen - great job Emmanuel.

Any other suggestions on workaround are welcome.

Marcin
[Feb 10, 2021, 6:30:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Exporting a Design as Inidividual OBJ Files

You may select some parts of the plan and export only the selected items to OBJ format if you want.
If your main issue is about scaling to mm (i.e. 10x factor), you could also convert the coordinates of the lines starting by v in OBJ files. Multiplying by 10 should be easily achieved with regular expressions.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 10, 2021, 4:44:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved