Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4547 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
T3NZ3N

天下
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Using SH3D Portable's Java Files to Run the TLE & FLE

In the documentation, I think it's mentioned that we can just run the TLE & FLE JARs from the Portable SH3D's own Java Files in it's own jre Directory.

I can't figure out how to set this up so I can run the TLE or FLE jar files from the files in the jre folder.

I'm running win10pro

The only executables with the java program Icon I found in the jre/windows/x64/jre8/bin were the javaw.exe

I tried simply dragging & dropping the jar to that and every other exe file in the bin, but nothing happened.

I currently have jportable in the Portable SH3D directory along with the Portable Launcher, but I'd like to try and see if there is a way to launch them directly without those, by using only the files in jre/windows/x64/jre8/bin

Additionally, I'm curious if the Portable SH3D Executable is just a Natively packaged Java File.

Thanks for any help
[Apr 25, 2020, 5:34:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Using SH3D Portable's Java Files to Run the TLE & FLE

The command to run a JAR file is:

path/to/java.exe -jar executable.jar

(you may also use javaw.exe)
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 25, 2020, 5:40:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下

How can I add that to the launch parameters of the jar?

and will it be dynamic, if the drive letter changes?
[Apr 25, 2020, 5:42:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下

And when you say "I may use javaw.exe", what does that mean? How do I use it to make it do something.
[Apr 25, 2020, 5:43:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I'm not sure you can change the launch parameters if java is not installed.
If you want to reuse the command you should rather store it in a .BAT file.

And when you say "I may use javaw.exe", what does that mean?
Simply replace java.exe by javaw.exe in the command I wrote.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 25, 2020, 5:55:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下

would the batch file just look like this?

"E:/Portable Programs/3D Programs/SweetHome3D-6.3-portable/jre/windows/x64/jre8/bin/java.exe" -jar "E:/Portable Programs/3D Programs/SweetHome3D-6.3-portable/FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.25.jar"

that didn't work for me
[Apr 25, 2020, 6:03:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下

Except I used javaw.exe, as there is no java.exe in that folder
[Apr 25, 2020, 6:05:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下

Sorry, you need an edit button. The entire Bat file looked like this:

Run "E:/Portable Programs/3D Programs/SweetHome3D-6.3-portable/jre/windows/x64/jre8/bin/javaw.exe" -jar "E:/Portable Programs/3D Programs/SweetHome3D-6.3-portable/FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.25.jar"

that didn't work for me
[Apr 25, 2020, 6:07:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved