Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 25
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1977 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
YGYL
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
biggrin How to define multi-level hinge and rail of 3D model

File download

It seems that it can only rotate in a single layer. And cannot rotate together

on_rail ok
on_rail+on_hinge Cannot succeed
on_rail+on_hinge+on_rail+on_hinge Cannot succeed
[Feb 25, 2020, 6:24:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: How to define multi-level hinge and rail of 3D model

Cumulative rotations (rotation of an item depending on the rotation of another one) are possible only for the limbs of a mannequin in the current version.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 27, 2020, 3:05:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

Hi,
I'm new to using individual object movements, using specially created objects.
If I understand correctly the (current) logic of Hinge, Rail and Ball

Hinge moves the linked object on the rotation axis
Rail moves it along that axis
Ball around that axis

To test it out, the final attempt was to create a sliding table that rolls up inside another object:
1) I tied a rail to a hinge (creating an object), obtaining a rail that moves in space perpendicular to the hinge's rotation axis
2) I composed umpteen objects (planes of identical thickness and length)
3) I tied them together with Hinges all tied to the moving Rail

In this way I obtained numerous objects that move on their Hinge but also on the Rail to which they are linked, practically until they penetrate into the primary object (first linked to the object created as hinge+rail) which however remains free to rotate on himself, accompanying all those involved in him.

At this point all that remained was the movement along the axis of another rail of the entire object thus created, which I believe is impossible today...certainly I, miserable man, have not succeeded until today.
Is there any possibility??

To compensate, by using the same object but moving it in import on the axes I obtained ....
1) a folding shutter
2) a line (or an object) that is foldable and movable (on the horizontal plane)
3) a foldable and movable line (or object) (on the vertical plane) attached to the lower point which, if placed at height 0, can move until it disappears in the horizontal plane entirely or partially from the side opposite to which the hinge+rail object is bound
4) a foldable and movable line (or object) (on the vertical plane) attached to the top which could also simulate articulated movements

I wonder what could happen if I added to each normal hinge of the individual planes (now with horizontal movement along the axis of the hinge+rail object) a hinge+rail object but perpendicular to the first.......I think I would find myself in Previous question or am I wrong???

Greetings
PS I could also provide the individual OBJs with MTL (in color to identify them) of my tests
at:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ehbhkd0u9ccaa94/My_objects_TEST.rar/file
[Feb 3, 2024, 7:09:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

In this post it is explained: https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,11818#55074 (about halfway in the post).
It includes examples and objects to review.

It's called chaining of deformations. There are still some limitations but with the current possibilities I created a dishwasher where the top rack can be pulled out (rail) AND a side shelf on the same rack can be turned up/down (hinge chained to the rail). The same dishwasher also has a door on a hinge not chained to the two racks inside and the bottom rack can be pulled out on its own rail. All in the same object. Such combinations are now possible.
[Feb 3, 2024, 7:47:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

Thanks Keep
I'll try......
The aim is, as perhaps I haven't said, is to create a plan made up of lists that rotate on their own hinge and ALL around a main hinge and this along a rail, with a linear movement....unrolling....to reproduce the piano... with a movement similar to a roller shutter
Meanwhile, when creating a sliding door I realized that it works very well when placed against an aligned wall but when placed against an angled wall when sliding it follows the line of the axis with which the rail was created, this only if the object is created as a door /window.
I said, I'm new to deformations.
Thanks again
[Feb 10, 2024, 3:26:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

Keep
for the sliding door..
The problem is only if the movement is carried out NOT from the OBJECT window....therefore only with temporary movement from 3D.....let's say solved but I wonder what the reason is
Greetings
[Feb 10, 2024, 3:52:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

for example see https://www.mediafire.com/file/qr59j3dfg5gjkvg/sliding_door_test_wall.rar/file
[Feb 10, 2024, 4:02:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

With just the separate objects is's difficult to determine what their relation in the deformaton should be. I did see some mistakes.

If you use a rail/hinge AND use the _and_ part for opening you use the rail/hinge first and put the opening part after the _and_.
There is just one _and_ needed: the deformations are chained which means that if you have a part that deformes on a hinge and that hinge+part moves on a rail you should have something like this:

The rail: sweethome3d_rail_1_...
Other parts that move along the rail: sweethome3d_opening_on_rail_1_...
The hinge that should move along the rail: sweethome3d_hinge_1_myhinge_and_sweethome3d_opening_on_rail_1_...
The part that rotates on the hinge: sweethome3d_opening_on_hinge_1_...

Since the part on the hinge is connected to the hinge it will also move along the rail because the hinge itself moves along the rail: the object deformations are chained.

If you dont't need to see the hinge and/or rail use a box that you stretch to get a direction. Make all sides invisible except the one side that should be a rail or hinge. A very thin elongated top of the box works fine. Export it and edit in the deformation string in the obj file. The advantage of just a single side of a box is that you only have one group (g) that gets the hinge or rail definition.
You can even make the rail invisible by adding a line with d 0.0 to the material of the rail in the mtl file.

Here's a zip with a project and the objects that deform like I think you want:
https://dodecagon.nl/upload/tmp/TestDeformations.zip
The myBoxOnARailWithRotatingFlag object is the complete object with chained deformations.
The flag rotates around the pole. The box+pole+flag move along the rail.
When you look in the obj file you will see that there is no double _and_ used.
The rail is just a single g group, i.e. only the top of a box. Exported and imported so it's just a singel flat surface.
The pole is a cylinder where the cylinder groups is the hinge that moves along the rail. The top and bottom of the cylinder just move along the rail like the box.
The flag only moves (opening) on the hinge and has no direct connection to the rail. That connection is established through the hinge to which the flag is connected.
[Feb 10, 2024, 4:41:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

very thanks keep
[Feb 10, 2024, 4:59:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

Keep
for my sliding door...
I think it's just a 3D display problem....
The door works... you can easily obtain it from my object... making the wall invisible and re-exporting it.
For proof, the rail is colored, the handles are simple cubes with an image. It can function both as a sliding door outside the wall and inside the wall, it just depends on the position and thickness.
Greetings and thanks again
[Feb 10, 2024, 5:42:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved