Netherlands
Joined: Sep 26, 2009
Post Count: 4029
Status:
Offline
Re: Trouble installing plugins..
DO this - CTRL H (this shows hidden directories) - go to /.eteks/SweetHome/plugins (or something similar) - if "plugins" doesn't exist, create it - copy the plugin(s) to that directory - (re)start SH3D
----------------------------------------
Hans
United Kingdom
Joined: Oct 21, 2016
Post Count: 2
Status:
Offline
Re: Trouble installing plugins..
Thanks hansmex.. I'd tried all that stuff already and copying into a new directory. In the end it was something really silly. Even though I was in the directory holding the sh3p file, I needed to specify explicitly the directory, not just relative. ie. /usr/bin/sweethome3d /home/joebloggs/downloads/plugin.sh3d
It must be something in the script that uses it for install.
France
Joined: Nov 7, 2005
Post Count: 9441
Status:
Offline
Re: Trouble installing plugins..
Maybe the program doesn't have the rights to copy in the target directory. To be sure where this folder is, import a furniture library and if it works, search on your disk the furniture folder where it was copied. The plugins folder should be a sibling folder of that furniture folder.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D creator