Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2166 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
flany

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to fix a hole in the floor

Hello everyone, I've just discovered this amazing software and find it really easy to use but I cannot solve this:

I have an "L" shape stair with 3 steps straight and the Others to the left; over the first steps there is a ceiling (that is the first level floor!) but the software creates a hole over the Whole stair so on the first floor I have a hole in my bedroom laughing

is there a solution? could not find a way to "cover" the hole with the floor

Thank you.
[Nov 21, 2014, 5:21:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: How to fix a hole in the floor

To avoid the automatic cut-out of holes over a staircase:
- Select the staircase,
- Export selection as .obj.
- Import the .obj file without selecting the Staircase option.
- Draw the room on the floor above manually (to create a hole for the stairs).

Of course, there are more elaborate ways of approaching this, see the SVG Mini Manual for more.

See also thread,5478 (in FR - sort of ...).

ok

BTW:
Make sure you leave enough headroom between the steps and the ceiling in the staircase. Not only is this a legal requirement many places, but banging your head in the ceiling above a staircase can hurt, badly. Grew up in an old house made for the vertically challenged. Permanent bump in the head.
[Nov 22, 2014, 8:50:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved