Netherlands
Joined: Sep 26, 2009
Post Count: 4030
Status:
Offline
Re: White spots
Yudi,
1 - If you provide a file so others can investigate what's going on, it would be nice if your file is in the exact state in which you made your problematic render. Don't make people spend a lot of time to try and find out how you made your picture....
2 - You have a strange way of building models. Your floors are made of boxes that are 10 cm high, but furniture is invisible because it doesn't have a 10 cm elevation, there's no ceiling, walls are transparent, etc.
3 - There have been many posts in the forum dealing with light, sky and rendering. If I apply a texture to the sky (any texture!) the problem is solved.
Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans
UK
Joined: May 3, 2010
Post Count: 223
Status:
Offline
Re: White spots
Hi fhoofman,
I also had a look at your file, sorry it's taken me a few days, not been well.
Hans, The 10cm think floor is partly my fault, it was originally designed as a test for a first floor gallery model I was building at the time while doing the Uber and Phong shader tests. I later used the settings learned from the tests, to make a new first floor model of around 40cm.
Here is an updated image for comparison.
Are you building the model to help you learn, or is it for commercial reasons? I ask because I didn't know if you wanted me to upload the version used for this render, or if you would prefer a step by step guide of changes made.