|
Sweet Home 3D Forum » List all forums » » Forum: 3D models and textures » » » Thread: Retrieve texture from wall |
|
| Print at Oct 5, 2026, 3:21:20 PM | View all posts in this thread on one page |
| Posted by baggins at Oct 4, 2026, 4:51:35 PM |
|
Retrieve texture from wall Many years ago i made a model of the house I was building and I applied a certain texture to the outside walls. I have a new project now where I wanted to use the same texture. However, I cannot find this texture back in the library! I can copy a wall from the old design and paste it in my new project and the wall will show up correctly. Now I have a box that I would like apply the same texture to, but it does not show up in the library. I have no idea where I got this particular texture... Is there a way to extract the texture from the wall? Thanks. |
| Posted by Keet at Oct 4, 2026, 5:33:48 PM |
|
Re: Retrieve texture from wall Export the wall. The export will have an .obj and .mtl file AND an image file with your texture Import that image as a new texture so you can use it for other furniture. Make sure to give it a recognizable name during import (if necessary). ---------------------------------------- Dodecagon.nl 1300+ 3D models, manuals, and projects |
| Posted by baggins at Oct 4, 2026, 6:04:54 PM |
|
Re: Retrieve texture from wall Thanks, but how exactly do I export a wall? |
| Posted by baggins at Oct 4, 2026, 6:09:16 PM |
|
Re: Retrieve texture from wall OK, I found it! Thanks! |
|
|
Current timezone is GMT Oct 5, 2026, 3:21:20 PM |