Index  | Recent Threads  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password
 

Sweet Home 3D Forum



No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 60 times and has 3 replies
baggins
Newbie




Joined: Jan 24, 2013
Post Count: 16
Status: Offline
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Retrieve texture from wall

Many years ago i made a model of the house I was building and I applied a certain texture to the outside walls.

I have a new project now where I wanted to use the same texture. However, I cannot find this texture back in the library!

I can copy a wall from the old design and paste it in my new project and the wall will show up correctly.

Now I have a box that I would like apply the same texture to, but it does not show up in the library.

I have no idea where I got this particular texture...

Is there a way to extract the texture from the wall?

Thanks.
[Oct 4, 2026, 4:51:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member
Member's Avatar

Netherlands
Joined: Apr 8, 2022
Post Count: 1824
Status: Offline
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Retrieve texture from wall

Export the wall. The export will have an .obj and .mtl file AND an image file with your texture smile
Import that image as a new texture so you can use it for other furniture. Make sure to give it a recognizable name during import (if necessary).
----------------------------------------
Dodecagon.nl
1300+ 3D models, manuals, and projects
[Oct 4, 2026, 5:33:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
baggins
Newbie




Joined: Jan 24, 2013
Post Count: 16
Status: Offline
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Retrieve texture from wall

Thanks, but how exactly do I export a wall?
[Oct 4, 2026, 6:04:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
baggins
Newbie




Joined: Jan 24, 2013
Post Count: 16
Status: Offline
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Retrieve texture from wall

OK, I found it!

Thanks!
[Oct 4, 2026, 6:09:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

  Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads  
© Copyright 2024 Space Mushrooms - All rights reserved