Index  | Recent Threads  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password
 

Sweet Home 3D Forum



No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 542 times and has 1 reply
phvntom
Newbie



United States
Joined: Sep 19, 2026
Post Count: 1
Status: Offline
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
sad Unable to create walls, rooms, etc. Plan is unlocked

crying I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, updating, everything I can think of. It looks like it glitches out when I start to create a wall, it shows a sliver of the wall for like 1 second while I'm dragging it and then it's gone.

I'm running linux for this application. praying
[Sep 19, 2026, 2:41:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member




Joined: May 18, 2021
Post Count: 311
Status: Offline
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Unable to create walls, rooms, etc. Plan is unlocked

Try posting the information from the About dialog so we can see the versions. Linux can get screwy when over-zealous package managers dump the included java runtime. SH3D likes its bundled 1.8.0, which of course is now absolutely ancient. Avoid package manager versions of SH3D. Get the old, last, open source version 7.5 release from sourceforge.

If the idea of such an old JRE bothers you, a guy posted a repro on github (search DobryDom3D) which is a fork of the GPL version which was made compatible with the latest-ish Java 26.0 with some other performance tweaks. He's since gone a bit quiet, but I think he had a bit of a busy personal life period coming up, so I don't bug him. I posted a couple of PR's there. Strangely nobody else seems to be looking into it. <shrug> We're not going to be getting anything new and open source from Space Mushrooms from what I can tell.

The other thing is graphics drivers. I remember there was a period (quite a while ago) where certain versions of AMD drivers caused all manner of wild glitches. There were some long threads in the forums about that if you have a search around.
[Sep 20, 2026, 1:33:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

  Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads  
© Copyright 2024 Space Mushrooms - All rights reserved