Print at Sep 30, 2026, 11:23:54 PM
Posted by jcbbuk at Jan 4, 2012, 1:54:29 PM
DirectX .X format
Hi Newbie here,
I need to create a simple 3d floor plan but I need it in the .x directX file format. I cant see this option (if it has one) but there may be a tool available to do a conversion? Any help or further advise would be great.

Jason

Posted by hansmex at Jan 4, 2012, 2:05:29 PM
Re: DirectX .X format
J,

After a quick search on Google (conversion .obj to .x) I found this link.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

Ryzen 7-9700X, 32 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, 2x 2 TB SSD, Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB

Posted by jcbbuk at Jan 4, 2012, 3:07:12 PM
Re: DirectX .X format
Hi Hans

Many thanks, I will lookinto this and report back.

Many thanks for your time :-)

Jason

Posted by jcbbuk at Jan 14, 2012, 8:14:26 AM
Re: DirectX .X format
Just an update, I could not get this .obj to .x to work.
I am new to this, I tried to export image to .obj format- I believed this worked. The converter just shows an error at end of conversion thus nothing is done.
If anyone else has success can you share.
cheers
j