Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4137 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Loplop

Italia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Error message: "Can't print Home "

Hi everyone!

I have a problem with the print area: when I go to print>create pdf or pdf preview, the message " Can't print Home" appears. Same if I go to Save as Post Script or send with mail. The message is the same with all the options I have in the pdf menu. I have a Mac but no problem at all with pdf in other softwares as Autocad or others.
Could it be a bug with the Mac OS Catalina?
Can anyone help me?

Many thanks in advance!!
[Feb 1, 2020, 2:59:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Error message: "Can't print Home "

The last time someone reported me this error, he fixed it by updating the drivers of his printer.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 1, 2020, 3:33:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Loplop

Italia

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for your answer.
I don't have any printer. I used to create a pdf and send it via mail. The problem is not linked with the fact of printing but with the creation of the pdf. The software don't let me create a pdf format.
If someone has any idea...

Thanks!
[Feb 1, 2020, 10:34:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Strange... I just tried without any printer installed and it worked without problem.
[Feb 2, 2020, 6:22:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Loplop

Italia

Any suggestion? Is there any settings I can adjust in the software or in my Mac?
Do you think it can be liked with Catalina update?
Thanks!
[Feb 3, 2020, 11:22:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

It's not a problem in Catalina, I tried it under Mojave and Catalina.
The only suggestion that comes to my mind is to build your printed document yourself using other tools of Sweet Home 3D:
- select the items in the furniture list and copy/paste them in a spreadsheet application like OpenOffice,
- select all the plan and copy/paste it in Preview or any application able to handle images (why not OpenOffice again),
- create a 3D image with the photo creation tool and include the generated image in the document you want to print.
[Feb 3, 2020, 6:31:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mike603

USA
devilish Re: Error message: "Can't print Home "

I am experiencing the same problem on a Windows machine.

I have tried printing to 3 different printers so it's not a printer driver problem.

I will reboot and try again.

I am a paid user.
[Sep 27, 2020, 5:16:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Did you try to print to PDF then print the generated PDF file?
[Sep 28, 2020, 8:39:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved