Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1250 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
bengillam

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
French window in alcove

Hi All,

I've been using SH3D on and off for a while and im trying to build up my house in sweet home 3d, we had a rough one before moving in but i would like to make one as accurate as possible for future home planning and decoration ideas etc.

On our back wall we have a french window which is set into a little alcove or recess (https://imgur.com/a/NlaC6Hz) see picture linked for example.

I'm not sure the best way to do this.

I tried making the walls that jut out shorter but this resulted in glitches in how it drew probably because this was wrong.

I then tried the guide using an invisible serving hatch, I end up having to make the whole back wall as thick as the depth of recess. I also seem to lose my floor texture which im not sure is right?

https://imgur.com/a/7Pdhp7X

https://imgur.com/a/s3p6qcO

Am i missing a trick here?

Any help would be appreciated.

THanks
[Dec 30, 2019, 6:36:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France
Re: French window in alcove

Did you try this tip ?
Hope it will help.
V
[Dec 30, 2019, 11:49:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

In my apartment all the doors and windows are in such position.
To solve this I modify PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties and add doorOrWindowWidthDepthDeformable#NN=false (where NN is the number of furniture).
Also, for some of them, I need to modify depth#, doorOrWindowWallThickness#, doorOrWindowWallDistance#
The result is something like this:

----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Dec 31, 2019, 7:01:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cannoloz

Italia

Did you try this tip ?
Hope it will help.
V

Very nice tips, I did something close to the second for my windows but this is better.
Thank's!
[Dec 31, 2019, 6:46:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved