Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1949 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
monstera

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Ceiling on lower floor overridden with floor on upper floor

Hello,

I have searched in vain for an answer to this apparent bug.

In my two-floor simulation, choosing a floor on the upper level (for example, gray wood), overrides any ceiling choices on the lower level. That way, when looking up on the lower level, instead of a normal ceiling, you see the gray wood floor of the above room. The "show floor/ceiling" box is checked for both rooms. The only space where I am able to choose a ceiling color is for those areas of the upper floor that have not been defined as a "room".

Thank you.
[Dec 11, 2019, 2:09:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Ceiling on lower floor overridden with floor on upper floor

You should also define some rooms at the lower floor, to be able to change their ceiling. Reading this tip might help you understand how ceiling/floor colors work too.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 12, 2019, 12:05:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Probably, elevation of upper level is not enough and equal to height of the lower level. Floor goes down and mixing with ceiling.
Check the elevation of second level, it should be Height of first level + floor thickness of second level
[Dec 12, 2019, 7:28:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
monstera

Yes, this appears to be an issue with floor levels and floor thickness, tweaking these settings has resolved the issue. Thank you.
[Dec 13, 2019, 10:00:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
monstera

Another related question is why it's not possible to move levels up and down in the levels setting. I started by creating the second floor first, and afterwards it was not easy to create a lower level. Apparently it's much easier to create an upper floor than a lower floor once you've started. I'm still blocked from exchanging positions for my floors, they're always locked in place, clicking on the arrows does nothing. That's why, to create a lower floor, I had to fiddle with the elevations and height manually, and this is what resulted in not having enough space between the floors.
[Dec 13, 2019, 10:05:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

You can use arrows only to determine the sequence of levels with equal elevations
It is not a problem to move new floor lower then the previous one, just change it's elevation.
[Dec 13, 2019, 6:09:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved