Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10346 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
JonF

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Graphical Corruption in Paid Version

Having used Sweet Home 3D some years ago I decided, on needing it again, to contribute by purchasing the paid version.

Sadly it is unusable due to graphical corruption. I have attached an image which demonstrates such.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v-dBdT76ufqu...bD0QhyWa/view?usp=sharing

Any help would be appreciated.

For reference I am running the following:

Windows 10 64 bit 18362, AMD Ryzen 3600, GTX 1060 6GB (tested with 432.0 and then 441.20 drivers)
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Nov 25, 2019, 11:06:10 AM]
[Nov 24, 2019, 5:46:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Graphical Corruption in Paid Version

If you use monitoring display software like MSI afterburner / Riva Turner / Discord / NVidia Experience, turning them off should fix this issue.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 25, 2019, 11:14:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JonF

Thank you for the suggestions. I had none of the above running but uninstalled GeForce Experience, MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner just in case. In a similar vein I deactivated the Windows Game Bar.

Still the corruption continues.

Any further suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks
[Nov 25, 2019, 6:34:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MadAd

I have none of those running either yet have exactly the graphical corruption I see reported for several years now.

I have moved to a new home and wanted to map it out yet I have tried everything, its driving me mad, I have tried reinstalling multiple times, tried new java versions, running in compatibility of all types, trying to use it in a different order, but as soon as I draw the first wall and right click on it the menus start to fragment making the whole app glitch out.

Does anyone have a similar program they can link me please, I liked using SH3D but clearly I have to move on.
[Dec 29, 2019, 12:23:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Nichodeamus

USA

I decided to give your software a try for the first time ever. But unfortunately I also have exactly this same problem. My system is running Windows 10 Pro x64, with all the latest/newest drivers and windows updates. My hardware is a Ryzen 2700X on an AMD x470 board, with a GTX 1070 video card. I do not even have geforce experience installed, and I have windows game bar disabled.

I would like to mention that I suspect this might be a problem with the version of the java runtime which your software installed itself with. Because I have seen this same kind of graphical corruption in other java based software which installs and runs older versions of the java runtime. I think something in the older versions of java has become broken with the newest version of windows 10.
[Mar 30, 2020, 8:34:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JasonB

I have been having this problem on my Asus laptop for a couple of years now, preventing me from using Sweet Home 3D on it, and I finally found out what was causing it so I thought I'd share what I found.

A while ago I discovered that my own OpenGL software was crashing on my laptop when I moved the window from one screen to another. Debugging it led me to Asus Sonic Suite 2 as being the culprit -- it has something to do with trying to create an onscreen overlay, but it doesn't play nice with OpenGL programs. So I always kill it when working in my software.

It suddenly occurred to me reading the above about GeForce Experience, etc., that it could also be the culprit here and sure enough, as soon as I exited Sonic Suite 2 and restarted Sweet Home 3D everything worked perfectly!

I had previously thought it was related to AMD vs NVIDIA since my desktop worked fine and it has an NVIDIA graphics card but the comments above about GeForce Experience made me dig further.
[Oct 25, 2020, 4:14:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback. Some users reported that this bug could also be caused by Nahimic service. Maybe, Asus Sonic Suite 2 needs this service.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 25, 2020, 6:23:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved