Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 22
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 349342 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
Sebastian_Menge

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Great Tool - IKEA Models

Hi

just wanted to thank you for this great tool. Well done!

Are there any models of "IKEA" furniture? What would be great, since about 98% of german ppl (including me) could design their interior then 1:1 ;-)

Is it planned to deliver packages for main linux-distributions (ubuntu/debian etc) Or are there licensing issues?

Keep up the good work,

Sebastian.

[Note: this thread was started on sourceforge.net forums]
[Jun 10, 2008, 12:35:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

Re: Great Tool - IKEA Models

If I had some photos to refer to, I might be able to come up with a few models. It would take a long time though since I am a beginner at making 3d models. You can see some of my contributions on SH3D's 3d models page. (Right click on an item and view the properties, it should tell you who made the model.)

You can learn to make the furniture too. Have you heard of "Art Of Illusion"? ( http://www.artofillusion.org/ ) That is the program I use.

[Jun 17, 2008, 6:47:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

Now that I have a catalog of IKEA furniture, I can make some models based on that. I don't have a lot of time at the moment but I plan to get around to it.

[Sep 8, 2008, 6:12:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

> Is it planned to deliver packages for main linux-distributions
> (ubuntu/debian etc) Or are there licensing issues?

There's no licensing issues, and I read around the Internet that some people are about to prepare and deliver such packages.
At this time, I'd prefer not to deliver them through SourceForge.net, otherwise releasing a new version of Sweet Home 3D is going to take too much time...

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 8, 2008, 6:48:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

> Now that I have a catalog of IKEA furniture,
> I can make some models based on that.

Great !
Does anybody know if creating the 3D model of an IKEA model may cause some copyrights problems ?

[Sep 8, 2008, 6:52:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

I'm not too sure about that but if I look at the model and then go by my very imperfect memory, I'm sure that it won't be so exact as to cause problems. There should be enough differences.

[Sep 8, 2008, 6:59:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If we don't want to have copyrights problems, making furniture a little different and using different names is probably the best thing to do. ;-)
Nevertheless, after a look at http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?tags=IKEA , it's strange that it doesn't seem to bother Sketchup contributors !

[Sep 8, 2008, 7:09:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

They probably would have a problem with it if they were to get into making 3d models of their furniture, but as far as I know, they're not into that, at least not yet.

Making the furniture a little different as well as using different names is just what I have in mind. ;-)

[Sep 8, 2008, 7:39:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I have made quite a few IKEA models.
I would be glad to upload them so anyone can use them.
Please explain me how to do so, or give me an e-mail address (Puybaret?) so you can publish them.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 29, 2009, 10:31:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hans, I received the models you sent me by email and thank you for your contribution. smile
It's the first time I see someone using Sweet Home 3D as a modeler!

Could you please post the models you created in 3D Models Contributions Tracking System too?

Thank you
[Sep 29, 2009, 12:50:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved