Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 173
Posts: 173   Pages: 18   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 410640 times and has 172 replies Next Thread
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: YafaRay rendering plug-in

After further testing, I plan to increase the maximum value of the anti-aliasing samples to match level 5 of SunFlow (1024 samples per pixel).
Do you know the impact on time of renderings with these options ?

biggrin
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Apr 28, 2020, 7:30:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The plug-in uses the YafaRay source code available in the end of 2019 (not sure it was exactly v3.3.0).
I'll make the plug-in evolve with YafaRay new versions, but for the moment, I prefer to wait for the YafaRay developers answer for my request about equirectangular images support. We never know, we could have a nice surprise as they work on YafaRay again.

By the way, Cecilia, I love your renderings smile
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 28, 2020, 4:29:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Good news! David Bluecame added an equirectangular camera to YafaRay yesterday.
I gave it a try this morning and it worked as expected, so I should be able to generate a new version of the plug-in with this missing feature soon. smile
[May 5, 2020, 12:06:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

The best news here is that David Bluecame is actually still updating YafaRay. The present version was released some three years ago, unless I'm mistaken, and the YafaRay forum has been relatively dead lately, so even an alfa-version bears good news.

Just wondering: Does YafaRay use GPU as well as CPU? My activity monitor indicates some GPU activity that is not present when rendering with Sunflow.

By the way, Cecilia, I love your renderings

Thank you! Much appreciated!
I really like YafaRay. I'm still experimenting, but I will find time to create and post some new snapshots soon, now that the youngest is back in kindergarten, at least most of the days.

Cecilia
[May 5, 2020, 6:44:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
s_koch

DE

Good news! David Bluecame added an equirectangular camera to YafaRay yesterday.
I gave it a try this morning and it worked as expected, so I should be able to generate a new version of the plug-in with this missing feature soon. smile

Those are really good news!

Can you estimate, when it will be available in SW3D?

A few days, a few weeks, or a few month?

I simply want to plan my project and optimize either for YR or SF rendering.
[May 7, 2020, 7:33:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
s_koch

DE

When I look at the rendering process (Windows7 and 10), I see that the CPU is fully loaded and the GPU shows no significant load.
Three questions:
1. Are there some adjustments or tricks, to force and use a faster GPU usage?
or
2. Are there plans to integrate this feature in the near future?

3. Generelly asking (As I do not have any idea):
Are some other 3D apps much faster, because the renderer is using the GPU, or is that a similar speed (for similar tasks)?
Do those user also need to wait hours and hours for 1 large picture - if many light-sources are active in a larger room?

Thanks again!!
[May 7, 2020, 7:48:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's the version 1.1 of the YafaRay rendering plug-in which allows to compute equirectangular images.
It's based on the version 3.4.2 of YafaRay that David Bluecame very gently accepted to release with the missing camera used to compute this kind of images.

Equirectangular image of example 12 of the gallery (4000x2000 image)

These images require to be displayed by a special viewer like this one. You may also try on Facebook using Anh Ðinh tutorial.

Kudos to David and YafaRay team! smile

@s_koch
Finally, YafaRay doesn't really use the GPU. I think its team would like to use it in a future version but it's of course a complicated improvement.
I don't know how much other rendering engines perform better or not. Even an in-depth study of their performances may lead to some too big expectations, because as soon as you integrate all the parameters in the rendering, you may loose a lot of CPU power. I expected that YafaRay would be able to run 10 times faster that SunFlow but finally this factor is more often 2 or 3 and some users even experienced some cases where YafaRay was slower than SunFlow!

Emmanuel, do you plan to implement caustic photons for direct lighting in a future version?
@enkonyito
If it's not complicated, I'll add the missing methods in JNI if needed. Any information that will help me to program it faster will be appreciated.
Note also that version 1.1 of the plug-in uses named cameras to let you generate videos more effectively in your plug-in, without the need to regenerate the scene at each frame.
[May 8, 2020, 10:59:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
s_koch

DE

Kudos to David and YafaRay team! smile

And some extra Kudos to you, dear Emmanuel for this extreme fast response!!

Note also that version 1.1 of the plug-in uses named cameras to let you generate videos more effectively in your plug-in, without the need to regenerate the scene at each frame.

But how to use "named cameras", or do you mean the named positions ("point of view") of the "visitor"?

And when I create a video, how to choose one of the 2 rendering engines?

Many, many thanks again!!!
[May 8, 2020, 11:40:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
anhmax

applause Re: YafaRay rendering plug-in

That's amazing Puybaret. Now I can render a spherical photo with best quality really fast. biggrin
4000x2000, best quality, spherical:
Sunflow: 15 minutes
Yafaray: 3 minutes

Sunflow: 15 minutes

Yafaray: 3 minutes

Thank you, Puybaret and the developers. You are the best.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM1mqUjGRtD4uCXX5qzgG3w
[May 8, 2020, 4:22:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Rolander

Why is the personal view rendered differently compared to the aerial view. It is also a lot faster but with worse quality. Settings are the same, I just change the view and start the Yafaray renderer.

[May 14, 2020, 1:33:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 173   Pages: 18   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved