Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 173
Posts: 173   Pages: 18   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 410463 times and has 172 replies Next Thread
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: YafaRay rendering plug-in

I'm agree with Hans ! applause
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Sep 6, 2019, 5:44:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

YafaRay also has options to enhance external brightness.

EnkoNyito
[Sep 7, 2019, 8:10:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

I like the softness of the shadows in ibl true, the sky and reflections in the glass also look better in the ibl randers, is it ibl Or background or can they be combined?

Further test to compare sun and yar, here are 2 images of a pool with a wall and windows reflected, there is quite a bit of difference in the way the reflections have turned out.

Sunflow all default settings

An Yarafray

[Sep 7, 2019, 10:12:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Mike53
I like the softness of the shadows in ibl true, the sky and reflections in the glass also look better in the ibl randers, is it ibl Or background or can they be combined?
It is either the sky color or the sky texture.

It is possible to implement the path tracing lighting method.

EnkoNyito
[Sep 21, 2019, 4:32:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Some suggestions for the next version (1.0 Beta 4):
- use a YafarayRenderer.properties file to modify rendering parameters such as for SunflowRender.properties
- include an example xml scene using arealights or visible spherelights because their implementation is problematic
- make tile borders visible to see the number of rendering threads

Enko
EnkoNyito
[Edit 1 times, last edit by enkonyito at Sep 24, 2019, 3:11:37 AM]
[Sep 23, 2019, 11:49:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Is it the more advanced ray-tracing in Sunflow that makes it perform slower than YafaRay in your test?
[Sep 25, 2019, 8:00:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Ceciliabr
Is it the more advanced ray-tracing in Sunflow that makes it perform slower than YafaRay in your test?

YafaRay is primarily optimized to work with Blender but offers a lot of nice features as shown here.
The purpose of my contribution to this new plug-in is to help find general settings for a rendering approaching or equivalent to that of Sunflow. Duration is an additional indication.

To return to your question, it is the YafaRay "Path Tracing" global illumination settings that make a similar rendering (regardless of shininess) faster than Sunflow.

I hope that Puybaret will be more successful than me in the implementation of area lights or caustic photons which are also important features.
EnkoNyito
[Sep 25, 2019, 9:40:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

YafaRay is primarily optimized to work with Blender but offers a lot of nice features as shown here
Cool! But will all these features be available?
Sunflow also offers lots of features, but they are not all available from SH3D.

I have been browsing the YafaRay forum , and it seems they are addressing much of the same issues that we do with Sunflow. Long rendering time is one of them, when rendering complex scenes.

In every one of the many tests I have made, YafaRay has delivered noticeably inferior quality compared to the optimized Sunflow renders in Q4.
So an extensive adjustment panel for Yafa would be much appreciated. Some of the images shown at the YafaRay forum are really outstanding.

Cec
[Sep 26, 2019, 7:36:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Puybaret
Avoid to touch the native YafarayRenderer.cpp file used as a bridge to YafaRay if you don't know JNI (Java Native Interface), but it shouldn't be necessary.

After generating the YafarayRenderer.h file, modifying the YafarayRenderer.cpp file, adding the include and lib folders, rendering returns the error
Exception in thread "pool-7-thread-1" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: betaTestPlugin.YafarayRenderer.createEnvironment(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)J
at betaTestPlugin.YafarayRenderer.createEnvironment(Native Method)

The YafarayRenderer.class file is located in the bin/betaTestPlugin project folder.

What is the best way to use the YafaRay rendering engine in another plugin (derived version)?
EnkoNyito
[Nov 22, 2019, 1:14:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jjocsak

USA

After I installed the plugin I noticed it's grayed out and cannot be selected.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Jeff
[Nov 23, 2019, 5:46:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 173   Pages: 18   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved