Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 173
Posts: 173   Pages: 18   [ Previous Page | 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 410156 times and has 172 replies Next Thread
gsnake69

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: YafaRay rendering plug-in

So it works on the free version...
Is there a way to make it work in the "paid" MacStore version ?
It's strange to have a feature working on a free version and not working on a paid version ...
[Oct 17, 2020, 6:31:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bam0o

Hi, guys!
Can you tell me, why rendering with natural light is too dark?
I've drawn a room with 4 walls, floor and ceil (17 sq.m). Placed simple double window. And a table inside (just for example). Placed virtual visitor and made yafaray render. (window to the NE side and 8AM - morning - very thin stripe of sunlight on the wall)
Until I turn on ceil lighting images are very dark - almost black room with window and sunlight stripe!
Sky lighting doesn't help. Only ceil lighting...
What I do wrong? Or is it normal? I'm trying to compare with real life and my room with the same conditions is much lighter at morning. (yes, i know about aperture and shutter time in photography, but...)
Can I setup renderer to make pics closer to real life with natural lighting?

I've tried AO and path tracing modes - same results...
[Oct 25, 2020, 9:07:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Hi bam0o!

Aperture, shutter speed and ISO is what normally controls the exposure.
Unfortunately none of these parameters can be controlled when making snapshots with the SH3D camera.
So you will need to brighten your interior a bit by adding a few light sources.
Two panel lights at low intensity, one covering the entire ceiling and facing downward with intensity 8, and one covering the entire floor and facing upwards with intensity 3, might create a better exposure. You may have to experiment a bit before getting it perfect.

Another thing:
I have of course not seen your renders, so I don’t know how dark they really are.

The SH3D camera is an absolute observer, whilst our eyes are dynamic observers.
So when your snapshot is viewed against a white background, your eyes are automatically adjusting the
white balance and the light to the brightest area.
Any normal exposure will seem a bit dark when viewed against a bright white light.
Try viewing your renders against a dark background.
Maybe they are not as dark as they appear.

Cecilia
[Oct 25, 2020, 11:17:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bam0o

Hi, Cecilia
Thank you! I know that our vision adapts, but camera's exposure doesn't.
I'll try your recipes with lighting panels.

p.s. here are my pics (i forgot to add it to the first post)

Add ceiling lights (in yafaray settings)

Without any light

Enable sky lighting

[Oct 29, 2020, 5:55:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@bam0o
Hi, guys!
Can you tell me, why rendering with natural light is too dark?
I've drawn a room with 4 walls, floor and ceil (17 sq.m). Placed simple double window. And a table inside (just for example). Placed virtual visitor and made yafaray render. (window to the NE side and 8AM - morning - very thin stripe of sunlight on the wall)
Until I turn on ceil lighting images are very dark - almost black room with window and sunlight stripe!
Sky lighting doesn't help. Only ceil lighting...
What I do wrong? Or is it normal? I'm trying to compare with real life and my room with the same conditions is much lighter at morning. (yes, i know about aperture and shutter time in photography, but...)
Can I setup renderer to make pics closer to real life with natural lighting?

I've tried AO and path tracing modes - same results...

Without additional light sources, an interior rendering is always dark.

If you want to have a natural rendering, you can use path tracing global illumination by increasing the number of light bounces if necessary.
Turning on the sky lighting (without texture) can bring a little more brightness.

You can also add light panels as suggested ceciliabr by paying attention to the light power so that it stays close to reality.

Enko
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Nov 13, 2020, 3:19:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's the version 1.4 of the YafaRay rendering plug-in.
It includes the last version 3.5.1 of libYafaray with the small improvements that I previously programmed for YafaRay plug-in (better handling of images and memory errors). The plug-in is smaller this time (15.8 MB instead of 21 MB) because it doesn't need Boost and some other libraries anymore.

Under Windows, the plug-in should now work correctly if your login contains non ASCII letters (i.e. accentuated or non Latin letters).
Under macOS, I signed the .dylib files in the hope it will fix some security issues. Not sure it will be enough for all cases, though...
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 25, 2020, 9:03:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Masok77

Hi, i have a problem with Yafaray when render in 1980x1080 show me a memry error... i have 8G RAM with sunflow dont have this problem... is i add more ram i solve this error?
8G ram
FX8350
ssd 250G
Nvidia 1660XT
Thanks
[Dec 9, 2020, 12:18:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Masok77

Yafaray 1.4 sweethome 6.4.2
[Dec 9, 2020, 4:20:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

In case you have the chance to have acquired a Mac ARM Silicon, here's the version 1.4.1 of the YafaRay rendering plug-in which provides native support for that system when run with the version of Sweet Home 3D for the Mac ARM architecture.

[Edit] Note that versions 1.4 and 1.4.1 can only run from Mac OS X 10.12 because of the SHA-266 certificates used to sign the .dylib files of the plug-in. I'll try to fix this issue in a coming version.

@Masok77 How big is your SH3D file? Did you try with a demo of the gallery?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jan 13, 2021, 11:42:53 AM]
[Jan 12, 2021, 9:19:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Version 1.4.2 fixes the certificate issue for Mac OS X 10.9, 10.10 and 10.11 (maybe for 10.7 and 10.8 too but I didn't test).
[Jan 13, 2021, 3:45:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 173   Pages: 18   [ Previous Page | 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved