Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 173
Posts: 173   Pages: 18   [ Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 410576 times and has 172 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: YafaRay rendering plug-in

I decided to go that way because some settings didn't render correctly in SunFlow in virtual visit, and at the moment, YafaRay rendering plug-in reproduces the same settings.
But I plan to change these settings in a coming version in both rendering engines, if I can fix the issue in SunFlow.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 14, 2020, 1:47:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's the version 1.2 of the YafaRay rendering plug-in which fixes the projection of the fisheye lens to make it similar to SunFlow's one and improves the launch delay of the renderer, mostly for scenes with large texture images. As this version creates much less temporary files, users with a slow hard disk should also see a faster launch.

It's based on the version 3.4.4 of YafaRay that David Bluecame kindly released to add more projection parameters fo fisheye lens.
I forked this version to avoid storing texture images in temporary files and to speed up the rendering of multiple frames in videos, an improvement that Enkonyito will hopefully integrate in his plug-in.

[May 18, 2020, 5:47:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Emmanuel, do you plan to implement caustic photons for direct lighting in a future version?
@enkonyito
If it's not complicated, I'll add the missing methods in JNI if needed. Any information that will help me to program it faster will be appreciated.

I don't know which missing methods could be added in JNI because the caustic photons are enabled by default as for the sunsky background.

Here is a comparative test between SunFlow and YafaRay.

Attachment caustic photons test.sh3d (79998 bytes) (Download count: 149)

EnkoNyito
[May 31, 2020, 1:31:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The version 1.3 of the YafaRay rendering plug-in published tonight handles better issues bound to missing memory.
Crashes should happen much less often particularly when the program runs in 32 bit, and a red cross should be displayed now instead of program crashing (at least the first time), letting users save their work if it happens.
I also improved the plug-in to avoid crashes when a rendering is immediately relaunched after a rendering in progress is stopped, as Ceciliabr reported.
[Jun 6, 2020, 10:02:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Version 1.3 does not work on any of my Macs.

I have tried now on several Mac computers:
Mac Pro 5.1 with OSX 10.13.6 , Max Pro 6.1 with OSX 10.14.6, and on my Macbook 1019 with Catalina, where SH3D 6.3 won't even start.
SH3D asks for legacy Java SE6 runtime – which of course cannot be installed because a newer version is already installed.

What is your working config for OSX?

Cecilia
[Jun 13, 2020, 8:00:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Ceciliabr, are you sure you use the installer SweetHome3D-6.3-macosx.dmg?
Apple Java 6 is required for the other installer SweetHome3D-6.3-macosx-10.6.dmg and can't run under Catalina.
[Jun 13, 2020, 9:34:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Ceciliabr, are you sure you use the installer SweetHome3D-6.3-macosx.dmg?
Yes. The installer i downloaded is 67.3 MB and is called SweetHome3D-6.3-macosx.dmg. Unless some switch has been made, I'm running the correct version.

And obviously I'm not the only one experiencing this. I even tried it on my daughters Macbook air with Catalina, with the same result:

[Jun 14, 2020, 12:31:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

This installer comes with its own copy of Java 8, the reason why it’s much larger than the older ones. So there’s no reason why it would try to use Java 6.
I would suspect that you have more than one copy of Sweet Home 3D application on your computer and another version is associated with .sh3d documents.
This could happen if you open Sweet Home 3D by double-clicking on a SH3D file.
First try to launch Sweet Home 3D by clicking on its icon in the DMG you downloaded or a copy of it on you disk. Then if it works, try to remove the other Sweet Home 3D applications or change file associations in macOS if you know how to perform this change.
[Jun 14, 2020, 6:30:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

I suspect that's what happened with me. I normally open programs from the spotlight search ( an old habit), and usually the latest version is the one on top of the list. As it happens: it wasn't.

But v1.3 is still not working.
[Jun 15, 2020, 11:54:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GhyslainB

I've been meaning to try out the new Yafaray renderer (I would indeed _love_ to have a faster and better renderer!), yet I get an error message (copied below from console). It looks like it is missing the Boost library or something: do I need to install that separately? I'm sorry if I'm just stupid, but help would be appreciated :)

For reference, I use the jar version of SH3D (version 6.3), with -xmx set to 12G on macOS 10.13.6 with i7/16GB RAM, and Oracle Java 8 version 251. The plugin is installed in the proper ~/Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D/plugins folder.

The error message is this:
Exception in thread "pool-9-thread-1" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Users/Ghyslain/Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D/work/6000-17cdb366-9f24-4bf5-8aba-6846e7cd9d4b/dll3757081845916336443tmp/libyafaray_v3_core.dylib: dlopen(/Users/Ghyslain/Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D/work/6000-17cdb366-9f24-4bf5-8aba-6846e7cd9d4b/dll3757081845916336443tmp/libyafaray_v3_core.dylib, 1): Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/boost/lib/libboost_system.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/Ghyslain/Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D/work/6000-17cdb366-9f24-4bf5-8aba-6846e7cd9d4b/dll3757081845916336443tmp/libyafaray_v3_core.dylib
Reason: image not found
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1941)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1824)
at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:809)
at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1086)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.plugin.yafarayrendering.YafarayRenderer.loadDLLs(YafarayRenderer.java:251)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.plugin.yafarayrendering.YafarayRenderer.<clinit>(YafarayRenderer.java:135)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.plugin.yafarayrendering.YafarayPhotoPanel.computePhoto(YafarayPhotoPanel.java:
776)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.plugin.yafarayrendering.YafarayPhotoPanel.access$1400(YafarayPhotoPanel.java:113)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.plugin.yafarayrendering.YafarayPhotoPanel$17.run(YafarayPhotoPanel.java:759)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Thanks in advance for the help!
G.

P.S.: Since this happens to be my first post on this forum, let me just say to Emmanuel Puybaret and the other contributors of SH3D and its plugins that you guys are heros for the hobbyist architecture enthusiast that I am! Thanks for your hard work and dedication!
[Jul 20, 2020, 11:30:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 173   Pages: 18   [ Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved