Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6927 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
khgoetz

Deutschland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
white color not possible on walls! A programm weak point?

Hi
I'm using Sweet Home 3D 6.2 (Java Version 1.8.0_202 - 64bit - 0,1/1,8 GB / Java 3D Version 1.6.1) on my Windows 10 PC.

I know that the item "no white color / Wall" was discussed in this forum various times. But I never did find a definitive answer:

When I choose for example texture "white roughcast" (weißer Rohputz) for walls than in 3D the walls are grey. Is it possible to get white roughcast? Or is it a deficiency of this program?
[Aug 16, 2019, 11:32:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Re: white color not possible on walls! A programm weak point?

White is never white, it's always gray, even in the 3d view, prior to rendering, the software assumes there is shade. If, for example, you think of a shading bar, 0 = black 100 = white, sweethome/sunflow only seems to use 0-70, that's how it seems to me, unless you use additional lighting to force white to show. Wait till you get to ceiling's, you'll love them.
[Aug 18, 2019, 12:02:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
khgoetz

Deutschland

Hi,
thank you for your comment!
So it's actually a fault of this nice program: when I want to see a white wall than I want to see a white wall and not a dirty grey one.

I hoped that I could use the program to visualize various wall and floor surface designs in different colors and textures. However, this is not possible when colors are falsifiled.
[Aug 21, 2019, 9:22:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
whanjos

Brazil

I was able to reach white by right clicking mouse button and choosing "Change 3D vision", and scrolling to the brightest as possible the option 'luminosity'.
[Dec 8, 2020, 4:58:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Using Modify walls you can give walls any colour or texture you like.
Applying a white texture may give a better colour rendition than applying a white colour.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 9, 2020, 8:22:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
fraktalisman

Germany

I still have the same problem. With medium overall light brightness, white walls are shown as grey walls. My

I tried to raise overall brightness, which results in a very high contrast and overcharged light which makes many mid-tone details unrecognizable.

When I add more lamps and light sources to my room, it does not change anything in the quick 3d view. High quality rendering produces quite hard lights with a lot of shiny reflection on the default furniture.

The light sources have a setting for light power, but no settings to create more diffuse light. So what I tried is to place many more light sources with less light power (25% instead of default 50%). This takes much longer to render than before, but it did not really help.

I also tried adding shiny white ceilings. I also tried to set render time of day to night time to avoid harsh sunlight contrasts.

I had a look at screenshots by other SweetHome3D users, so think there must be a way to get softer light and whiter walls, like in this kitchen thread .

My white kitchen wall is rendered in a shade of grey instead, as you can see on this rendered image:

Any advice, or link to a tutorial, is much appreciated!
[Jan 11, 2021, 2:28:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved