Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 23
Posts: 23   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8600 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Two level with the same elevation: some rooms on upper level are transparent

I think I understand what you mean.
Actually, all rooms are half transparent, but when you draw a room (like the 4.27 m² one, the 1.77 m² one and the other small ones) superimposed on another larger one (like the large green one), the small rooms get less transparent.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 15, 2019, 5:25:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia
Re: Two level with the same elevation: some rooms on upper level are transparent

I think I understand what you mean.
Actually, all rooms are half transparent, but when you draw a room (like the 4.27 m² one, the 1.77 m² one and the other small ones) superimposed on another larger one (like the large green one), the small rooms get less transparent.

Sorry, I haven't understood your explanation, what the logic is here, why one room transparent, another not? How to get superimposed rooms always nontransparent?

I see there is a trick to get nontransparent room, superimposed on lager one - at least one corner of the room should be drown outside wall contour - now room became nontransparent, then you can correct it as you wish and it retain colour. It works, but then I cannot use doubleclick for fast creation room inside walls, it was very comfortable, rapid drawing is important for me :(

[Oct 16, 2019, 11:23:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

I tested your case and this is my solution:

• Select "Create walls" - double click on the grass,
  • delete grass,
  • select "Create rooms" - double click somewhere inside these new walls,
  • delete walls (if you don't need a fence)
  • cut and paste the house ( in order to select the house covered now by the new grass make level 0 unviewable or move aside the grass or select all and deselect the grass )

[Oct 16, 2019, 12:07:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

I tested your case and this is my solution:

• Select "Create walls" - double click on the grass,
  • delete grass,
  • select "Create rooms" - double click somewhere inside these new walls,
  • delete walls (if you don't need a fence)
  • cut and paste the house ( in order to select the house covered now by the new grass make level 0 unviewable or move aside the grass or select all and deselect the grass )

Thank you, it works! Good idea to redraw grass using walls!
[Oct 16, 2019, 2:18:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

still, it doesn't look good on rendered photo
[Oct 16, 2019, 3:26:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

still, it doesn't look good on rendered photo

Yes, same problem on 3d.
May there is some other solutions?

[Oct 18, 2019, 12:46:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Difficult to say from your screen captures. It could be a bug or simply a misunderstanding of rooms and levels. Could you post a simpler example?

Dear Emmanuel, could you please check this problem? It steel exist, and there is no good solution to avoid
[Oct 28, 2019, 7:35:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I tried to fix the problem shown in the 3D view of your last image many times, and unfortunately there are still a few cases where it doesn't work. It's a problem about cutting the ground with rooms to avoid them to overlap the ground. Moving the corners of the rooms may resolve the issue.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 28, 2019, 9:39:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

Use background image with grass texture and make sure you have selected "Background image visible in 3D view"
[Oct 28, 2019, 10:18:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia

This seems to be a case of two planes fighting over the z-index. Would changing the floor thickness of the grass level to be lower than the house level floor thickness result in the room's floor being drawn above the grass?
[Dec 4, 2019, 3:23:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 23   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved