Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19715 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Cavity walls without a redesign...

I know the topic of cavity walls has been raised several times, to my knowledge, which is only a few years, but with it being raised again recently i was wondering if, in a future release, the drop down box with the wall hatching patterns could include an option for a cavity, this would enable people who are creating projects in order to print plans would have a much more realistic image without the need to actually create the cavity, which, i would imagine is a huge change to the basic programme, and would create issues with windows, doors, wall lengths, area calculation etc just a thought.
MIke
[Aug 2, 2019, 2:06:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KitchM

Re: Cavity walls without a redesign...

Please define "cavity walls". Thank you.
[Aug 2, 2019, 2:18:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

mmmmm
h**ps://www.google.com/search?q=cavity+wall&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBGB818GB818&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiC26_zqOTjAhXDrHEKHVdBCAEQ_AUIESgB&biw=1920&bih=950
[Aug 2, 2019, 2:44:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia

+1 for me.
I live in an area where everything is built out of double-brick cavity walls.
[Aug 3, 2019, 4:12:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Netherlands: cavity walls are mandatory.
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 3, 2019, 8:17:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia

No doubt it helps things float when the dikes fail.
[Aug 4, 2019, 6:29:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Dikes fail in the USA, not in NL... :-)
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 4, 2019, 7:23:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DanielJ

Australia

This may be added as an additional function. Different countries or even cities have their own specific materials or building regulations. For example, I need an empty wall, I press a button and automatically start building it.
[Nov 26, 2019, 3:56:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

I am aware that this software has developed massively over the last few years with the addition of yarafray, moving models and the police forensics, but i have to wonder if a couple of the more basic items could be revisited, like cavity walls, baseboard on the end of walls and discovering why ceilings react the way they do when used with uneven wall heights.
Just a thought
[May 30, 2020, 7:44:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Double walls can be made this way:
1. Draw room.
2. Put new walls thikness 50cm in preferences
3. Doubleclick your room with walls tool - you get walls around. After change their thickness to 10cm
4. Put new walls thikness 10cm in preferences
5. Doubleclick once again.

In my opinion, most of basic tools the SH needed - lateral view for walls and some roof generator
[Jun 1, 2020, 1:35:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved