Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3073 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Cavity walls without a redesign...

I know the topic of cavity walls has been raised several times, to my knowledge, which is only a few years, but with it being raised again recently i was wondering if, in a future release, the drop down box with the wall hatching patterns could include an option for a cavity, this would enable people who are creating projects in order to print plans would have a much more realistic image without the need to actually create the cavity, which, i would imagine is a huge change to the basic programme, and would create issues with windows, doors, wall lengths, area calculation etc just a thought.
MIke
[Aug 2, 2019, 2:06:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KitchM

Re: Cavity walls without a redesign...

Please define "cavity walls". Thank you.
[Aug 2, 2019, 2:18:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

mmmmm
h**ps://www.google.com/search?q=cavity+wall&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBGB818GB818&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiC26_zqOTjAhXDrHEKHVdBCAEQ_AUIESgB&biw=1920&bih=950
[Aug 2, 2019, 2:44:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia

+1 for me.
I live in an area where everything is built out of double-brick cavity walls.
[Aug 3, 2019, 4:12:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Netherlands: cavity walls are mandatory.
----------------------------------------
Dual boot - AMD FX6300 6-core, 16GB ram
Windows 10 Pro, SH3D 6.2 with 8 GB memory allowance
Ubuntu 18.04, SH3D 6.2 with 2 GB memory allowance
[Aug 3, 2019, 8:17:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia

No doubt it helps things float when the dikes fail.
[Aug 4, 2019, 6:29:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Dikes fail in the USA, not in NL... :-)
----------------------------------------
Dual boot - AMD FX6300 6-core, 16GB ram
Windows 10 Pro, SH3D 6.2 with 8 GB memory allowance
Ubuntu 18.04, SH3D 6.2 with 2 GB memory allowance
[Aug 4, 2019, 7:23:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DanielJ

Australia

This may be added as an additional function. Different countries or even cities have their own specific materials or building regulations. For example, I need an empty wall, I press a button and automatically start building it.
[Nov 26, 2019, 3:56:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2020 eTeks - All rights reserved