Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3854 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
About the levels menu

I have a suggestion that might make the levels menu a bit easier to read.
Using words like hide and show instead of make, and also grouping it, the menu could look something like this:

Add level
Add level at same elevation
---
Hide selected level
Show only selected level
Show all levels
---
Modify selected level
Delete selected level

Could this be an idea?
What do you think?

Xiste
[Jul 29, 2019, 1:06:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: About the levels menu

I used Make viewable / unviewable rather than Hide / Display / Show to avoid confusion with the Display menu items in the 3D view menu. So a level can be viewable but hidden in the 3D view.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 30, 2019, 1:15:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

I see the problem.
Show and Hide are common terms, but they might, as you point out, create confusion.

Another thing:
Would it be possible that the modify level window could pop up automatically when adding a new level? That would be great for naming and for setting height and especially floor thickness, something I have noticed that I tend to forget.

Xiste
[Jul 30, 2019, 4:14:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@Xiste:
I absolutely agree with you!
To make something un-viewable is just a complicated way of saying hide.
Hide and show are much better terms, as they are precisely to the point and immediately leads you in the right direction.
I really don't see Puybaret's point here, and how this can create any confusion. We're dealing with the visibility of levels. What can that possibly be confused with?

That said, I think custom shortcuts would be a great idea as the program continues to expand and get more and more options.
Photoshop has several hundreds commands we can define our own personal shortcuts for.

The automatic pop-up is also a great idea!

Cec
[Aug 7, 2019, 11:00:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved