Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11317 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
hobbyrv

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Transferring sweethome to new pc

Can anyone please tell me how to transfer my sweethome files, with my own selected library, to my new pc, with windows 10. And do I have the latest version 6.2 then?

Bij voorkeur in het Nederlands, English 2nd.
[Jul 18, 2019, 12:27:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Transferring sweethome to new pc

As explained here, you should copy the content of the folder C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D where user is your login.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 18, 2019, 12:32:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hobbyrv

I think I did the right steps, but I still have the same difficuties. I did the following actions:
1. I pasted %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D in the explorer of my old pc.
2. I copied everything to an empty usb-stick.
3. I put the usb in my new pc and opened it there in the explorer.
4. I opened here a new window en copied there again: %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D
5. I dragged the content of the usb to this adress on the C-disk and started sweethome.

With no result, unfortunately.
And after these actions my old pc doesn't store the file, not on the C-disk or the usb. Even when sweethme on the new pc is closed. So now I can't go on anymore without risking losing my adjustments.

What went wrong? I hope you can help me out.
[Jul 26, 2019, 2:08:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hobbyrv

In addition to former threat: it appears that some items cannot be transported into the design anymore, they show a red cross. What is wrong en what can I do to restore it.
[Jul 27, 2019, 10:02:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

I think the red x usually appears when sh3d cannot identify the texture used, maybe the original jpeg file that was with the obj file has been removed, not sure but its a possibility
[Jul 27, 2019, 11:16:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hobbyrv

Yes, I think something went wrong when I tried to transport the library to my new pc. It also happens with objects I could use well earlier. But what went wrong and, more important, how to restore that?
And I hope someone can answer my question in thread Jul 26, 2019 2:08:35 PM above.
[Jul 27, 2019, 1:21:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

The red X might be also a problem of memory. Did you reed this FAQ article ?
[Jul 27, 2019, 3:12:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hum, Véronique, I think you mix problems.
hobbyrv, if some textures or furniture are missing / marked with red in the textures and furniture catalogs, it means that you didn't copy all the files from the other computer. Is there at at least a few ones you imported?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 27, 2019, 6:53:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hobbyrv

Copying to my new pc didn't succeed at all, see thread Jul 26, 2019 2:08:35 PM above with the 5 actions. But after the attempt to copy to the new pc, some furniture on my OLD pc, which I could use well before the attempt, has the red cross. Also the file can't be stored on the old pc. So my questions are: what could have gone wrong in copying to the new pc and what went wrong on my old pc. I hope it is solvable. Thank you in andvance.
[Jul 27, 2019, 9:24:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

For me, it looks like you did not copy the files from the old pc, but cut them out.
Do you still have the files on the USB stick? If so, copy it back to the old pc, right where you got it from.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jul 27, 2019, 9:38:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved