Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2133 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Jenci1987

Magyarország
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Imported textures and floor patterns go missing

Hello,

At first, I used Sweet Home 3D on 2 different computers. I saved my home, opened it later on the other computer and was surprised to see that the last used patterns (either for the floor or the walls) were saved, but I couldn't find them among the patterns to select them again.

After that, I started using the online version trusting it would surely save the imported patterns so that I can choose them, but it didn't... Of course, I don't want to import them every time I use them as it wastes an awful lot of time...

How can I save them PERMANENTLY then?
[Jun 27, 2019, 5:32:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Imported textures and floor patterns go missing

If you want to reuse the texture used in a SH3D file on another computer without reimporting it, here's a tip: display the modification dialog box of the piece of furniture or the other item that uses that texture, and show the Texture modification dialog box, as if you wanted to modify the texture. Then click OK directly. This will update the list of recently used textures in the Texture modification dialog box, and let you reuse these recent textures in any other place of the program. Not super handy, but it works!

The Online version stores only temporarily the 3D models and textures you import in the furniture and textures catalogs. When you quit the Online version, these imported items are lost if you didn't use them in your saved home.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 28, 2019, 8:22:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jenci1987

Magyarország
Re: Imported textures and floor patterns go missing

Merci, Monsieur. :)
[Jul 2, 2019, 8:42:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved