Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 1
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3226 times and has 0 replies Next Thread
Jonnie63

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Lock on current selection

Hi,

Its been a while since I last posted, I have clocked up hundreds of hours since last posting on design of a house and two guest chalets which is my families project for a small tourist business.

I think the single most useful request for me would be some kind of a lock so that the currently selected object remains selected until the lock is opened again.

Example, picking the corner point of a room to make an adustment, I start moving the point but mid-way I lose select on the room corner point and instead I start moving the whole room, the selection has shifted under my feet - my mouse is wireless I have some theories there.

Other situations? selecting one object in a vertical stack of objects from above, as soon as I right click to make a property change then a different object in the stack is selected under my feet and I see properties for that object instead.

There is provision for resolving ambiguity when selecting objects that obscure one another in the plan view, that part is fine, the issue is maintaining that selection in all panels until I am done with that object, room corner, wall point or similar.

My model is complex an dense so I have a high density of selectable points and many objects that are vertically stacked.

I find room corner points the most fiddly and 'volatile'.

Thanks Jon
[Jun 10, 2019, 6:16:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved