Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9579 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
New home with, hopefully curb appeal.

I wanted to do a building, which, as the topic says, has curb appeal, something you might just pause to look as as you passed. not sure i have managed to achieve that, it has ended up looking more like a town hall, but maybe as it develops. Anyway here are a few images.

Inside all that has been done is the floors and a staircase, i say all, but it took a while.

The handrail i made separately everything else is components straight from the library

Mike
[May 24, 2019, 11:37:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Re: New home with, hopefully curb appeal.

And a Link to view it.
[May 24, 2019, 12:14:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Interesting, fun and well done, Mike! I only don't understand why did you need to design so many levels (according to your link)...
[May 24, 2019, 5:27:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
smile Re: New home with, hopefully curb appeal.

I only don't understand why did you need to design so many levels (according to your link)...
Perhaps :
for a big familly,
for a little Community,
for the challenge…
wink
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[May 24, 2019, 5:36:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Hi VeroniQ
Glad you liked it
The levels between the main floors have on them various walls, for instance, level 7 has walls which form the risers for the middle section of stairs, they are roughly triangular, but to avoid using 2 boxes and a triangle, which would not texture evenly, i prefer to use a wall, also these levels have the floor depth set to 1 mm so the minimum wall height does not include a floor depth. smile

Mike
[May 24, 2019, 6:31:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

I often use supporting levels like Mike does. For example my Luxemotor projects has 8 of them. I try to use the next deeper level as often as possible, but sometimes it's more comfortable to insert a supporting level, even on the same height if needed. This solution is easier to handle than grouping furniture, because for example hideing a whole level includes also the walls and floors on it and you can't do this with groups.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[May 24, 2019, 8:50:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

...oh, and Mike, nice project and well done!
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[May 24, 2019, 8:51:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Pascal, thank you.
As far as using groups or levels, it just shows the versatility of this software, so thank you to Emmanuel as well.
[May 24, 2019, 11:42:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Nice work, again!

As for using levels, I absolutely agree. I use levels in SH3D the same way I use layers in Photoshop.
It would be nice though, if we could group or link levels, and make snapshots of different level-configurations.
[May 25, 2019, 6:32:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Just watched your 3D model, and I must say that your roof construction is very nice.
Solid work!

Cecilia
[May 25, 2019, 6:37:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved