Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10394 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
pencilart
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Making a door

I made a door in Art Of Illusion (preview here: http://www.storm-artists.net/view/40583 -- I know there won't be any texture.)
After exporting it as a .obj, and after coloring it, I put it into SH3D but I'm having problems with the door's depth. I end up having to make the door's depth about 50 inches in order for it to show up through both sides of a 3 inch wall. I've looked at one of the doors in the repository and it's depth is much smaller.

I can't seem to figure out why my door is doing this. Can you help?

[Note: this thread was started on sourceforge.net forums]
[Nov 3, 2007, 12:28:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Making a door

Nice door ;-)

First note that the intersection between a wall and a door or a window is based on the bounding box of the door or the window.
Maybe you should add some kind of a thin frame around your door, and set the depth of that surrounding frame in such a way it matches the wall thickness (I used 25 cm or 9.842 inches for that kind of wall).

If you want to, send me your file so I can test it.

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 4, 2007, 3:39:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jens_Adam

Hello,

I continue here, because I've got a Problem with a door too.
Whenever I link the "opened door" to a wall by pulling it there with the bounding box or by drag/drop, it changes its depth, depending on the walls thickness. Is it possible to change this? When I just move the door, this doesn't happen (but the door won't be connected to the wall).

[Aug 19, 2009, 9:17:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The automatic computing of doors is active when magnetism is active.
To desactivate magnetism, use preferences dialog or press the shift key while dragging the door.

[Aug 20, 2009, 10:43:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jens_Adam

broad open door

Thank you for the tip.
It works with magnetism switched off, but the bounding box will not have the right size then. For me it seems the "open door" has a bug because in the 3d-view the door looks twice as broad as the dooropening. As I don't know how to fix it at least I'll try to send you a screenshot.

[Note: this thread was started on sourceforge.net forums]
[Aug 20, 2009, 12:46:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The "open door" model was designed for thin walls (thickness less that 10 cm).
If your wall is thicker, you can make a hole in the wall with a "service hatch" or a "door frame" then add an open door at the same location.

[Aug 20, 2009, 12:54:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved